Windows & MacBook Air

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

swreid

Re: Windows & MacBook Air

#11 Post by swreid »

I have read the Wiki several times but it is not helping me to understand what the problem is! The only text file I can find in the plugins is below. You need to understand that I am 81 years old and I don't understand all of this computer stuff very well so I would appreciate more advice other than "Read the Wiki."
Commands copy.txt
(172.38 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

swreid

#12 Post by swreid »

I have read the Wiki several times. The only text file I am finding in the plugins is attached below. In addition, I am now getting this message when I start X-plane -“mac.xpl” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Commands copy.txt
(172.38 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
I am 81 years old and trying to understand this computer stuff so more specific help would be appreciated!

swreid

#13 Post by swreid »

I have read the Wiki several times and still I don't know what the problem is! The only text file I find in the "plugins" folder is a command text file that I apparently can't send as the post is dropped and I get a message that" I do not have access to that file." I also get this error message when I start x-plane -“mac.xpl” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

I am an 81 year old guy and I sure want to use the Air Manager App with my flight sim like Russ Barlow has done but wow, so many problems! Your help would be appreciated!

jph

#14 Post by jph »

Unzip this small batch file I just knocked up.
Unzip it to your desktop,
then run it
There should be a file called log.txt in a new directory called Air Manager Log on your desktop after running it. This is the one to send

It is normally located in C:\Users\ 'whatever your username is' \Air Manager

Hope that helps ?
Joe
AM_Log_to_Desktop.zip
(256 Bytes) Downloaded 37 times
it shouldnt need admin permissions but if it asks then click ok - or right click and run as admin,

You can check the contents of the batch file if needed but all it is is - You don't need any of the below, it is just for info, just double click the batch file from the zip file and it will copy the file for you.

Code: Select all

md c:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop\"Air Manager Log" /Y
xcopy \Users\%USERNAME%\"Air Manager"\log.txt c:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop\"Air Manager Log"\ /Y
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

swreid

#15 Post by swreid »

Thank you JPH! Here is the file.
log.txt
(423 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

swreid wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:52 pm I also get this error message when I start x-plane -“mac.xpl” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Please see our FAQ:
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... _on_my_Mac

swreid

#17 Post by swreid »

Okay, that has worked! Air manager is now connected to X-plane. Now the Knobster will control the gauges, on the monitor, that are selected on the Air Manager computer but I cannot select any gauges on the monitor. I have the Air Manager computer connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and it receives the picture, the selection on a button, and allows the Knobster turn that button. The monitor cannot operate any switches but the Air Manager computer does. Why won't Air Manager allow the transfer of control of these actions?

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Are you talking about touch? Then maybe you have to look at the FAQ again?
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... in_Windows

swreid

#19 Post by swreid »

When I do the search on Cortana the response is "I don't have an answer for that." When I start Air manager and select a dial on AM, such as heading, The Knobster will turn the dial. I can click the switches on AM but not on the monitor. I cannot make a selection on the monitor, only on the AM screen.

swreid

#20 Post by swreid »

Okay, Russ Barlow was a great help and he got the monitor going with the touchscreen. Sorry to be such a bother.