Windows & MacBook Air

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

swreid

Windows & MacBook Air

#1 Post by swreid »

Can I run Air Manager on a windows computer and run X-plane on a MacBook Air with the M2 chip? I am trying to set this up but Air manager doesn't connect with X-plane on the network.

Ralph

Re: Windows & MacBook Air

#2 Post by Ralph »

Yes, as long as you have the plugin installed.

swreid

#3 Post by swreid »

Well that's good to know. Now I need to figure out why Air Manager isn't connecting to X-plane 11 on my network. The dials light up when I touch them, and they turn when I use the mouse or my Knobster, but the dials themselves never turn. I do have the Windows computer that runs the Air Manager connected to a 15.6" monitor with the Knobster added. When I touch a button on the Air Manager computer it lights up on the larger monitor and the button spins as I turn the knobster but the dials does not turn. I have the Air Manager computer connected to the larger monitor with a HDMI cable and the Knobster connected to that computer with a USB 2 cable. Do I have things connected properly? Am I doing something else incorrectly? I do have the plugin installed on both computers.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

swreid

#5 Post by swreid »

So, I have turned the firewalls off and double checked the plugin and I am still not connecting to X-plane11. The App doesn't even work properly on my windows computer. I tried to enter a support ticket and even that doesn't work for me. I have spent quite a bit of money on a Knobster, Wimaxit monitor, and a windows laptop only to have the stuff not work properly! I'm pretty sure it is "operator error" and that means I need some help, please.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Please let us know what you did to check if the plugin was working as it should, optionally place the content of the log here.

swreid

#7 Post by swreid »

I actually downloaded the plugin again and added it to the X-plane folder. The file mac.apl is now in the X-plane folder.
Log.txt
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Attachments
Log.txt
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

That's the X-Plane log, not the plugin log. Please read the wiki carefully.

swreid

#9 Post by swreid »

Where do I find that log? The download is in the resources/plugins file but I don't see any logs there.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Again, please read the wiki carefully.