Adding a touchscreen monitor

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

swreid

Adding a touchscreen monitor

#1 Post by swreid »

I have added a touchscreen monitor to my sim setup but now I find that the monitor does not work as a touchscreen running with an iPad Pro 11". It seems my only solution is to buy an Android tablet that will allow my monitor to be a touchscreen monitor. Any suggestions that will solve my problem? I will only use this device to run Air Manager, with Knobster, and using a MacBook Air with M2 chip to run X-plane 11. I guess the point is it doesn't have to be the best alternative! The cheapest, that does the job, will be just fine. Thanks
Stu

Crunchmeister

Re: Adding a touchscreen monitor

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

You gave very little detail about your existing setup, so it's hard to say what your issue may be.

Before you run off buying new stuff - if you're running on Windows, run the Touch Screen Calibration tool so that Windows correctly recognizes the new touch screen as such. THat's typically required when adding a new touch monitor to a Windows system that doesn't have the touch screen as the default / only monitor.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Best thing to do BEFORE posting is at least try a search as depending on your setup your may find the answer.
A quick search simply on 'touch screen' on the forums here -

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... uch+screen

There are others, and as the other poster mentioned you do not indicate what system you are using so it is extremely difficult to give specific help.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

KristinaReeves

#4 Post by KristinaReeves »

I think maybe he's talking about splitting the touch screen in half to use 2 apps running at the same time, but maybe his device has a problem and can't do it. Sorry if I made a mistake

jph

#5 Post by jph »

KristinaReeves wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:22 am I think maybe he's talking about splitting the touch screen in half to use 2 apps running at the same time, but maybe his device has a problem and can't do it. Sorry if I made a mistake
;) I think from the first post it is virtually impossible to deduce WHAT is being used and what the desired end results are. Extremely confusing. :shock:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.