Knobster Driver

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

mrm

Knobster Driver

#1 Post by mrm »

Is there an updated driver for Windows 11? I've plugged the knobster into every usb port and the best I get is an "unrecognized usb device" message but it doesn't show up in Air Manager or anywhere else as plugged in hardware. I've downloaded the MSFS driver to no avail (didn't see one for X-Plane). It will be used in both MSFS and X-Plane 11, if that makes a difference.

Ralph

Re: Knobster Driver

#2 Post by Ralph »

It does not require any drivers. The quickest check now is to try it on a different device and see if it says Knobster. It might be a USB issue on your device.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

mrm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:17 pm Is there an updated driver for Windows 11? I've plugged the knobster into every usb port and the best I get is an "unrecognized usb device" message but it doesn't show up in Air Manager or anywhere else as plugged in hardware. I've downloaded the MSFS driver to no avail (didn't see one for X-Plane). It will be used in both MSFS and X-Plane 11, if that makes a difference.
Is this a genuine purchased knobster or a home made one ?
If home made which board and where from ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

mrm

#4 Post by mrm »

It was purchased from XForcePC in the last two weeks. The USB ports are working with hardware, so I'm ruling that out.

As far as another device, it's not showing on my mac, but it's a mac, so I'll find a windows computer to check it on.

mrm

#5 Post by mrm »

Got it working, I do appreciate the suggestions. Apparently, the cable didn't have a good connection at the knobster itself, I unplugged the cable at the computer and the device and reconnected everything and voila. Thought I'd done that already, but maybe I didn't - either way I'm gtg in both X-Plane and MSFS.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

It might be that the cable is defect. Or you plugged it in the other way around.