A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Puukka

Re: A32NX FlyByWire Overhead

#131 Post by Puukka »

Just finished my A320 Setup using Thierrie´s great overhead panel and Yves brainwork.
It still works flawless as far I can say.
A320 klein.JPG
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

shaunnicholson

#132 Post by shaunnicholson »

Hi thanks for the reply guys,

Ill go ahead and get the license and try to get this overhead working!

Shaun

shaunnicholson

#133 Post by shaunnicholson »

On the latest dev the FLT CTL is always set to off and isn't responding to inputs.

paul_max

A32NX Overhead. Update for latest FBW releases

#134 Post by paul_max »

Happy New Year,

I have started to upgrade the overhead to work with FBW 0.11.1. I'm building an A320 cockpit and want a medium cost overhead. A 24in monitor+ AM on an old PC is a good start, I expect hardware light switches might feel the best.

So far I have modified the Air Cond panel for about 8 new variables, and fixed the cockpit, fwd, aft temperature knobs.

The new A32NX dials use 0 to 300, the knobs physically go from -135 to 135 degrees. So the formula for scaling is now:
knob_degrees = (sim_value*0.9) - 135

Stepping at 15 degrees seems ok, I might go for 30 degree steps to speed up the gui.

This is radically different from the previous code, which explains why the existing knobs don't do anything.

Remaining work for Air Cond is:
Add two Eng bleed fault lights
Block repeated mouse clicks on the knobs.
More testing

There is a bug in MSFS or AM or both where holding down the mouse button for multiple clicks of the knob, can fill up an input buffer. After that point further clicking on the knob fails for several seconds. Moving to another knob helps, in worst case development I had to restart MSFS to revert back to normal.
I will add code to check for the knob at 0 or 300 (fully left/right), and skip further rotation clicks that are unnecessary.

There is also quirky behaviour when first using the panel buttons. Either it's wifi network speed or bugs.

Note that the radio is now removed from FBW, we need another blank panel.
Attachments
image.png