Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: Ralph, russ

Daviator

Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

#1 Post by Daviator »

G'day Again. I'm building a training simulator that will need to run 3 different panel setups in Air Manager and X-Plane 11. The trick is to make it easyt for a flight instructor to hop in and fire up the sim with as few clicks as possible.

I have created batch files that allow me to start X-Plane 11 to the configuration I want, and Air Manager will start in the correct order to the default panel.

I need to be able to start Air Manager directly to a specific aircraft pane. I was unable to find any guidance in the wiki for this.

I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Cheers
D

Daviator

Re: Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

#2 Post by Daviator »

All sorted. For those interested, I used the capabililities built in to Air Manager 4. Within the configuration for the panels in question, I was able to designate a start type for each one. I tested with X-Plane 11 and founf that it worked very well, starting from the AM configuration screen, then launching the correct panels when a particular aircraft (matched within AM to a particular panel) was launched in XP. Worked flawlessly.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Well done Dave,
I am sure a sample of a working script in it's most basic form would be useful for others when they search and see the results.
Thanks
Joe
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
Joe (CISSP) -IT security consultant

Daviator

#4 Post by Daviator »

G'day Joe,

Great idea. Once I get this thing finished up and tested, I'll do that.

Cheers
Dave