Airmanager via pico-projectors

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Airmanager via pico-projectors

#11 Post by jph »

vangyver wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:02 am Here is my facebook group. Just be sure to agree to group rules when asking to join the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/628896667180635
Many thanks but I categorically never use or will use 'facebook' or any form of 'social media' for anything. It is actually completely off limits on my networks along with all other similar offerings.
I really do appreciate the kind offer though.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

jph wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:01 am It is the best solution by far for using a properly mounted yoke which is the part that, for me, completely ruins the illusion and immersion of the sim cockpit if not done correctly. (Which is 99.9% of the time)
Very impressive, I agree. Having pieces of a real cockpit in your pit (not to mention a full cabin like here) is a real asset.
I am also on par with your opinion on the wrong yoke position in most home cockpit, which is always related by the use of a classic yoke which offers a way too limited range of travel in pitch. The casing take a lot of space, unless you extend the yoke, like I did on the Saitek with a piece of broomstick and some plastic tubing.
That way the yoke casing can be placed just behind the LCD screen.
I now have a Brunner FFB with an elongated yoke shaft, which solved the problem.

But I reckon that this projection solution gives a lot of flexibility for hardware placement in your panel, even though I suspect that the yoke casing casts shadows on your screens?
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

vangyver

#13 Post by vangyver »

Hi JackZ,
The only shadow I get is when the yoke is almost full aft. Only visible during full stall landings. The chain for the Alerons produce a shadow about 1/4 on the gauges on each side of the yoke. I would need to place an idler pulley on the chain to move it down about 1/4 inch, but I can live with what I have for now.
Vangyver

vangyver

#14 Post by vangyver »

Correction: Just on inner side of the yoke.
Vangyver