Air Player and touchscreens

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

tbj

Air Player and touchscreens

#1 Post by tbj »

I'm using Air Manager and two 15.6" G-Story (supposedly) touchscreen monitors for instruments and moving map.
I've seen a couple of posts mentioning Air Player and touchscreens so I wondered if that combination would work. The problem is that even with the extra data cable and power suppies always plugged in, the touchscreen is only active if the monitors are in desktop mode.
The monitors work o.k. with the mouse but that's no good because of course moving the cursor from the MSFS screen means that no controls in the cockpit can't be used.
Thanks for any tips/help/suggestions.

Ralph

Re: Air Player and touchscreens

#2 Post by Ralph »

If you're going to move the whole instrument part to a different PC, then you can also just move your Air Manager installation, no need for Air Player.

tbj

#3 Post by tbj »

Hello Ralph,
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to move anything to a different PC, I want a multiple screen arrangement just like in IvanSky's video that you recommend on the instruction pages. I bought 2 touchscreen monitors (as in the video) but the touchscreen element of them doesn't work, and if I have to go to the instruments with the mouse, it renders the msfs cockpit controls inactive. So I'm just asking if anyone on the forum knows of touchscreen monitors that do work like in IvanSky's video and the other video on the page for that matter. They have a G1000 suite, both screens on a separate touchscreen monitors and controlled with a knobster which is what I would like to achieve.
Thanks again,
Trevor.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Then what would Air Player change?

tbj

#5 Post by tbj »

I don't know Ralph, that's the question I'm asking.
My question was;
"'Im using Air Manager and two 15.6" G-Story (supposedly) touchscreen monitors for instruments and moving map.
I've seen a couple of posts mentioning Air Player and touchscreens so I wondered if that combination would work. The problem is that even with the extra data cable and power suppies always plugged in, the touchscreen is only active if the monitors are in desktop mode."
I'm asking the forum if anyone else has any help to offer. I've returned the two monitors and need some advice on where to go and what to get.
Trevor.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

I have no idea what you mean by 'in desktop mode'
You have to connect the touchscreen and ensure the touch driver is operating and then tell windows WHICH screen is touch.
This sounds like a windows setup issue only. It is not an Air Manager issue at all.
You need to setup the screen(s0 to be touch or not BEFORE anything else is actually run. It is a system setting issue and also depends on capabilities of hardware drivers supplied although most are fairly standard.
See here for how to select the touch screen. I presume you can use more than one but have never tried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_zD4IdvFs
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

also - after a very quick google - (use translate if you need to)
Multiple touch setup
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/pt-p ... elas-touch
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

tbj

#8 Post by tbj »

Thank you, I had no idea that Windows system had to be told, I will look into the links thank you. I will be o.k. with most of the spanish.
Though maybe irrelevant now, by 'in desktop mode' I meant that the monitor (only one of them) would function properly if it was functioning as the principal screen showing the desktop. So I will study the links but I can't try it out yet because the makers of the monitors never told me what you suggest during their troubleshooting efforts and advised me to get a refund. I still have no advice from anywhere as to what monitors to buy.
Anyway, thank you again for this info..
Trevor.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Normally it is set to mouse and touch I believe, you can set it to touch only, hopefully that helps.

jph

#10 Post by jph »

tbj wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:59 pm Thank you, I had no idea that Windows system had to be told, I will look into the links thank you. I will be o.k. with most of the spanish.

Trevor.
No problem Trevor, I hope you get it sorted out and to your satisfaction. Oh, and the 'Spanish' tio which you refer is actually Portuguese, they would hang you here - or in Brazil - for saying that :lol: Ask Nelson Piquet.. :roll: ;)

here is a link to the same article in English.
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-u ... ays?lwp=rt
Joe. CISSP, MSc.