Tips related to new changes around electrical and lights management introduced since ZiboMod 3.53.nn

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Tips related to new changes around electrical and lights management introduced since ZiboMod 3.53.nn

#1 Post by SimPassion »

Seeing there's still currently mixed issue, around panel and instruments brightness management in the Z_2D_XP instruments set, I've decided to go ahead with a better idea and created this visual mapping as memo and reference. So, still eventually some reworking in the Z_2D_XP set, to make the overall coherent and synced ...
Here's a quick reference map showing which and where the electrical/lights/brightness datarefs are currently used in the ZiboMod.
I made an in deep testing in both ways : from Air Manager and from the 3D cockpit. Just take in account 3 indexes through the overall (INOP labels in red under the sliders, on the screenshot) are currently INOP and unaffected : no visual change other than rotating knobs in the 3D cockpit, or moving the related AM sliders, when acting from the 3D cockpit

image.png
image.png

Related datarefs :

Code: Select all

"laminar/B738/electric/instrument_brightness","FLOAT[27]",
"laminar/B738/electric/panel_brightness","FLOAT[4]",
"laminar/B738/electric/generic_brightness","FLOAT[128]",
"laminar/B738/lights_sw","FLOAT[250]",					-- READONLY for this last one targeting switches!!!
Last edited by SimPassion on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Keith Baxter

Re: Tips related to new changes around electrical and lights management introduced since ZiboMod 3.53.nn

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Awesome work Gilles.

Thank you for sharing

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

Re: Tips related to new changes around electrical and lights management introduced since ZiboMod 3.53.nn

#3 Post by jph »

Hi,
what exactly is Z_2D_XP .. Little if any information yet I have seen the term mentioned a couple of times. Thanks.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

jph wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:06 am Hi,
what exactly is Z_2D_XP .. Little if any information yet I have seen the term mentioned a couple of times. Thanks.
Indeed Joe, I should have mentioned already from the start, something which was always looking obvious to ... perhaps only me :

through "Z_2D_XP",
  • Z is for "Zibo" instruments
  • 2D because it's not 3D, thus external to the flight sim and displayed by Air Manager as 2D parts
  • XP due to X-Plane environment only, until "Zibo" ports its addon somewhere else ... which may very well never occurs ;-)
Gilles

PS : here's some of the already published of instruments I've build in my Z_2D_XP instruments set :
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/p ... _section=1

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Thank you Gilles, that makes perfect sense now.
Top class work. Amazing.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.