Air Manager 4 - instruments don't move smooth!

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ernie Balls

Air Manager 4 - instruments don't move smooth!

#1 Post by Ernie Balls »

I am using newly installed Air Manager 4.0 on my Ipads, 2 ea. Running latest X-Plane 11.52 on my Macbook (Big Sur)
Air Manager on my ipad(s)connects fine, And All gauges work, but they show intermittent movement of the needles. Only visible at changes of input.

So for example on the 172 panel, the engine RPM gauge moves in smal "jumps" when changing engine speed.
And the Horizon has the same "jerky" movement. Every single instrument seems to get its signal disturbed somehow..
As if the network traffic (wifi) was stopping every second or so.

I have tested 2 different networks 2.4 & 5, Strong signal! and also 2 different Ipads, no difference in behavior.

I Dont! have Air Manager on my mac, Only X-plane!

Does anyone have a clue what could be the culprit?

Thanks! David.

Ernie Balls

Re: Air Manager 4 - instruments don't move smooth!

#2 Post by Ernie Balls »

I found the problem! :)

I have an app named DUET, for making use of an iPad is a extra monitor for my PC or MAC.
When i turned this app off, the Lag/Stuttering/erratic indicators stopped and everything runs smooth! Yeah! :)

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

Ernie Balls wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:36 pm I found the problem! :)

I have an app named DUET, for making use of an iPad is a extra monitor for my PC or MAC.
When i turned this app off, the Lag/Stuttering/erratic indicators stopped and everything runs smooth! Yeah! :)
Check the screen refresh rate in Duet. I haven't used that one in particular, but I have used SpaceDesk which does the same thing. By default, it did exactly what you're describing. I upped the refresh rate to high (60Hz) and that issue was a thing of the past.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Ernie Balls

#4 Post by Ernie Balls »

Tested all those things, but the only solution was to use Duet with cable instead of wireless. Now no problem with stutters etc, as long as i use Lightning/USB.

Thanks for youre help on this! :)

/David.

milleron

#5 Post by milleron »

I have a hardwired touch display for Air Manager, so no iPad, Duet or SpaceDesk, but I see the same jerky behavior described in this thread. The difference is that it's intermittent, happens rarely, and is self-limited -- goes back to normal smooth animation after a few minutes. It's not reproducible, near as I can discern, so I've no idea what causes it.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Sounds like a connection issue. In the Settings tab you can set the connection to manual.

Andrew73

#7 Post by Andrew73 »

Hello, I just downloaded Sim Innovations on my 12.5 iPad pro, the issue I am having that when I load a instrument on the black screen the instrument only shows up partially, I can move the portion I see around but the rest seems to hide behind a partially black screen, I can't resize it either. MSFS2020. I have 2, 9 inch, older iPads and they work fine. Any Ideas? Thank you.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Create a new panel on that tablet.