Assigning Pin Numbers to Arduino's

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Assigning Pin Numbers to Arduino's

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Air Manager is brilliant and I am now using it to connect a bank of 13 switches and 7 encoders through a single Arduino Mega. Each plane is slightly different so I have a hardware instrument setup for each plane. When I build and test each instrument under the hardware tab, I can run it to test it and I have to assign the type of Arduino, the Channel and the pin number for each switch and encoder. Switches have one pin number and single encoders have three. This gives 34 allocations to be set up. Once the hardware instrument is working I then want to add it to a panel. However each time I add it to a new panel, the pin assignments go blank and have to be reset.
Would it be possible to ensure that pin assignments remain set when adding a hardware instrument to a panel?
Could we choose the type of Arduino board and the channel number for all switches and encoders in one go rather than one by one? That would save time too.
best regards
Anthony Sullivan

Ralph

Re: Assigning Pin Numbers to Arduino's

#2 Post by Ralph »

The Create/Edit tab is not made to set up your pin configurations, it is solely for testing. The real/live setup has to be done in the Home tab.

AnthonySullivan

#3 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Yes but to test it you have to set up pin configurations so why do I have to that all over again each time I add it to a panel? Very frustrating.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Because, like I said :) information about pin configurations in the create edit tab is volatile, it is only for testing.

You can also add the pin numbers to the script.