PMDG 737

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Howy_Itzer

PMDG 737

#1 Post by Howy_Itzer »

Any ETA on when or if MSFS2020 will work with Air Manager and PMDG 737?

Crunchmeister

Re: PMDG 737

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

It's not really an Air Manager thing. It already works with any MSFS plane. It's up to someone to actually build the instruments, which takes a lot of time and effort. I'm sure someone is already working on it somewhere. The real question is whether or not people are actually going to share their instruments or not.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Howy_Itzer

#3 Post by Howy_Itzer »

Crunchmeister wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 pm It's not really an Air Manager thing. It already works with any MSFS plane. It's up to someone to actually build the instruments, which takes a lot of time and effort. I'm sure someone is already working on it somewhere. The real question is whether or not people are actually going to share their instruments or not.
As I understand it you cannot build instruments for it in MSFS2020. No communication. Is that incorrect. I can try I suppose. I heard the code is different in the PMDG 737.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

This is one of the many examples of why people tend to use X-Plane as the No 1 choice for home cockpits sims. X-Plane is a FAR better choice.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Howy_Itzer

#5 Post by Howy_Itzer »

jph wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 pm This is one of the many examples of why people tend to use X-Plane as the No 1 choice for home cockpits sims. X-Plane is a FAR better choice.
Ya it's a graphics thing i guess but I am considering 12 if MSFS doesn't get multi display support going soon.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

XP 11 can be superb with graphics with the correct settings and there are scenery offerings that surpass FS default. For example Orbx is amazing. Orbx UK imho is the best scenery of ANY sim. The default weather in X-P is bloody horrible though.
12 should be an improvement on the default weather in 11.5 and hopefully loses the shitty omnipotent X-Plane 'dull haze' that Austin genuinely believes covers the world (I don't think his actual flying experience is much outside his local area) - which must be called something like .. 'Dullsville USA' -- :shock: :o :mrgreen: .
Well, I hope it will be better. That is if laminar don't get too carried away with pointless time wasting as they seem to be doing at this moment with their default aircraft - but I digress.. ho hum.. ;) - Probably a lot will continue with 11.5 for quite a while even after 12 - and there is no date at all on 12 that I am aware of.
Yes, the multi monitor support is absolutely stunning in XP where it is simply non existent in fs. I simply cannot see it ever happening in fs. It is not their target market. Asobo have been promising the earth since long before the release and not delivered. It is only the add on guys that are doing the thing justice. the default flight modelling is like GTA5 is for car simulations. Thank fek for the add on guys !.
The ability to use monitors in any orientation and at any angle is amazing with X-Plane. Simply impossible in fs.
The individual monitor configuration, positioning, perspective correction and placement options are class leading - a class of one !
Also, X-Plane is built from the ground up to be interfaced to the outside world - physically and graphically - and fs is not.

I believe ASOBO has a target demographic of 'xbox dad' ;) :lol:

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

Howy_Itzer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:27 pm As I understand it you cannot build instruments for it in MSFS2020. No communication. Is that incorrect. I can try I suppose. I heard the code is different in the PMDG 737.
It's just reading / writing lvars. The whole plane is built on custom lvars. But they're all accessible via SimConnect. People already have SPAD and AAO profiles available for it. Hubhop has a list of almost 600 various inputs and outputs documented for the 737. I have no idea why it wouldn't work equally well with Air Manager since it works in everything else. You just can't use standard SimConnect events and vars.

The only thing lacking with it is the ability to pop out the various displays. PMDG opted to build all their displays in C++ instead of the more common HTML/JS that every other MSFS plane in existence uses, including the new Fenix A320.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com