Newby- what’s required for single monitor iMac?

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Brucekn

Newby- what’s required for single monitor iMac?

#1 Post by Brucekn »

Hello,

I heard about this product from a video made by Pilot Workshops. I’m an instrument rated ASEL, usually fly a C172SP (sometimes with a G1000 panel), and have X-plane 11 (latest build) on a single monitor iMac. I also have an iPad which i sometimes use for a G1000 augmentation to my X-Plane, and have many add-on aircraft. I’m interested in using a high performance single or twin engine sim aircraft with Air Manager.

Would Air Manager work on a single screen iMac (I would need to set the forward view on the sim aircraft obviously)? Or is there something else that i would also need? I assume that if I wished to use my iPad in conjunction with my iMac that I would need the iPad version of the software in addition to Air Manager, but not sure if my assumptions are correct.

Apologies if I am posting a question that has already been answered here.

Geosim

Re: Newby- what’s required for single monitor iMac?

#2 Post by Geosim »

Hi Bruce,

You could use AM with the Single Monitor and create a panel with custom resolution to sit on the bottom of your monitor. This will allow you to use it similar to how Xplane used to do "2D" panels but with the advantage of far better gauges than Xplane's antiquated 2D Gauge system.

I would strongly suggest an external monitor though so you don't loose too much screen real estate.
Alternatively there is the AM iPad app (which I have no experience with). Also another option is to use an app like Splashtop to treat your iPad like an external monitor, it used to work quite well over wifi - I have never tested with AM though.

AM for Ipad looks like a strong option for you I think!

Brucekn

#3 Post by Brucekn »

Thanks so much, GeoSim. This product looks very useful for desktop sim use. I’m amazed I hadn’t heard of it before, but seeing how the Pilot Workshops video puts it to work looks great!

Geosim

#4 Post by Geosim »

You're welcome, have fun!