Deleted instruments/panels

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Deleted instruments/panels

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Can we have a recycle bin for AM deleted instruments and panels.

or

deleted instruments and panels diverted to the default recycle bin.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

Re: Deleted instruments/panels

#2 Post by Ralph »

Why just not throw it away? ;)

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:48 pm Why just not throw it away? ;)
LOL Ralph

Some like me inadvertently remove an instrument from a panel and it gets deleted. Hours of work puffed up in smoke.

Need to recover those oops

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Removing it from a panel doesn't remove the instrument. It would only be removed if you do that from the Create/Edit tab.

FLRob27

#5 Post by FLRob27 »

I do believe there is a bug where a instrument really does get deleted if you are re-arranging instruments in a panel layout and hit the "Delete" key, it actually deletes the instrument altogether. I found this out the hard way.

To recreate this, I highly suggest duplicating an existing instrument, add that duplicate to a new blank panel, then select that instrument in the layout like if you were to move it around and hit the delete key, you'll get a prompt asking if you really want to delete the instrument, and if you say yes, it really does delete it from inventory. But since you are on the panel layout you wouldn't think this actually deletes the instrument.
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager