AM Does not interact with aircraft

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bigmarty

AM Does not interact with aircraft

#1 Post by bigmarty »

I just purchased Air Manager and also the added cost Twin Otter panels. With the Default panel installed, changing the settings in the panel will show a corresponding change in the aircraft instruments. But the Twin Otter panel does not seem to be connected to the aircraft - I cannot change the values in the TO panel and of course there is not change in the aircraft instruments.

FS 2020, and the plug in is installed correctly I think.

I am doing something wrong or have missed a necessary setting.

Any help would be appreciated.
Martin

FarmerTom

Re: AM Does not interact with aircraft

#2 Post by FarmerTom »

Hi Martin!
The Information in the Siminnovations Webshop shows, that the Twin Otter Panel is for Prepar3D only and not for FS2020. I heard, Keith is working on a update for the Panel. As soon as this update is finished, you should be able to use it in FS2020 too. It can take some time to finish such a high Quality Panel.
You can use the X-Plane DHC-6 Instruments from the Community-Instruments and change them to work with FS2020. As a Bonus, you learn how to create and edit Instruments and Panels. Steep learning curve, but i have more funtime creating and designing Instruments, Panels and Hardware than flying FS2020... Weird, isnt`t it? ;-)

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

FarmerTom wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:08 pm Hi Martin!
The Information in the Siminnovations Webshop shows, that the Twin Otter Panel is for Prepar3D only and not for FS2020. I heard, Keith is working on a update for the Panel.
Hi,

Please do not confuse me with the Keith @FarmerTom mentioned. I think Tom had a old timer moment. ;) Probably he meant @russ , not sure.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

FarmerTom

#4 Post by FarmerTom »

Uups, sorry, Keith! :shock: Of course I meant Russ... Apologies

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

FarmerTom wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 pm Uups, sorry, Keith! :shock: Of course I meant Russ... Apologies
Tom,

Yes I also post some :oops: lots of times.

No worries

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

bigmarty

#6 Post by bigmarty »

Thanks for the explanation. As a newcomer to AM, could someone please direct me to the process of changing the Xplane DH6C panel to work in MSFS?
Much appreciated.

Martin

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

bigmarty wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:32 pm Thanks for the explanation. As a newcomer to AM, could someone please direct me to the process of changing the Xplane DH6C panel to work in MSFS?
Much appreciated.

Martin
Hi,

You are going to have to go back to school. But this school is one you will love going through.
Go through Tony's tutorials. They will put you on the path to your dream sim.

https://www.forums.siminnovations.com/v ... 942#p22942

Keith

FarmerTom

#8 Post by FarmerTom »

First, i would suggest to learn the Basics. You start best by reading the Wiki. Look for "Instrument development" and "Instrument API". I would suggest to get used to LUA Scripting Language, too. "Analysing" some FS2020 community instruments for Inspiration helps a lot! :D
Second Step: All People here in this Forum are very kind. I am shure you will get help here with the more complicated things from the AM Power Users, but almost all Problems can be solved by using the "search" Function here.
The Documentation in the Wiki is complete and very clear. Siminnovations has a youtube channel too if you prefer Videos.
@Keith Baxter ... fastest on Keyboard. :lol: