How to update to version 4.1.3?

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JockMunro

How to update to version 4.1.3?

#1 Post by JockMunro »

Hi,

I may be a bit thick here but I thought AM let us know in the application when there was an update available?

I'm running AM 4.1. I see from the latest newsletter that AM 4.1.3 has been released. Why is my application not showing there's two new versions available?

No matter I thought. I'll just visit the Wiki and download the latest version from the download page. But the version that downloads is the same as mine, V4.1.1.

So where can I get the latest version please? Or does the newsletter refer to a beta release (in which case maybe it should say so).

Thanks very much.

Jock

Ralph

Re: How to update to version 4.1.3?

#2 Post by Ralph »

No, the version from the wiki is 4.1.3, so just download and install from there. In your case the shortcut points to the wrong file (that would mean that you have changed it), or the bootloader is not allowed to connect to the internet (firewall issue).

JockMunro

#3 Post by JockMunro »

Hi Ralph,

Looks like I was correct. I was being a bit thick! :roll:

Classic case of confirmation bias. I saw the download link states "4.1" and saw "4.1.1" instead, the same as my current version. Used the link to get the latest version and it's updated it perfectly.

Not sure why the app didn't notify me though. It's added as an exception to my antivirus. No big deal though. Easy enough to check manually.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The update check is performed by bootloader.exe, maybe you've added Air Manager only?

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Yes,
You can check this by right clicking on the 'Air Manager' icon - the one that you select to start the program, then select 'properties'
You will see the target. It should point to the bootloader as can be seen here.
air manager start.jpg
Joe. CISSP, MSc.