Air Manager crash on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyatr

Air Manager crash on Samsung Galaxy Tab

#1 Post by flyatr »

Hi guys,

it's my first test with Android and FS2020. The tablet runs Android 4.4.2 and AM is 4.0 The Windows plugin is the latest.
Without wifi I can use AM but as soon as there is a connection (manual as well as auto) the app crashes. I briefly get a message "connected to FS2020 on ...ip adress.

How can I fix this?

Thanks, Tobias

video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!An79_6jJO4vrjvx04Ki ... A?e=eCIVsk

Ralph

Re: Air Manager crash on Samsung Galaxy Tab

#2 Post by Ralph »

Android 4.x is very very old (15 years). In theory it should work, but there's probably something like a missing dependency, or a driver which is buggy, or hardware not properly supporting everything.

flyatr

#3 Post by flyatr »

I hang on to this old stuff :)
Was worth a try.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The problem with Android is that it's not guaranteed to work. With Apple you exactly know the specifications of the hardware and software, so you know that it is going to work or not. With Android it's more of a guideline, certainly no guarantee.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Just out of interest have you tried doing a factory reset of the tab? Not just a reset,a complete factory reset.
Also, Samsung include so much bloatware (crap). Just try complete reset and the disable or uninstall as many applications from samsung as possible. Also turn off auto updatas..most important. !!. Only updateanything..even android files if absolutely necessary and then only one at a time. This is being typed on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I use it every day. If I let it auto update it rapidly ecomes unusable for everyday tasks.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

flyatr

#6 Post by flyatr »

Ralph wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:55 pm The problem with Android is that it's not guaranteed to work. With Apple you exactly know the specifications of the hardware and software, so you know that it is going to work or not. With Android it's more of a guideline, certainly no guarantee.
Hello,

I have acquired a used tablet running Android 6. App still crashes on connect!
The problem must be somewhere else...
Please assist

flyatr

#7 Post by flyatr »

Okay I have tried a complete reset and no auto update + deactivation of unnecessary apps. Doensn't make a difference.

Device is an ODYS Thor 10 with Android 6.0.1
The frustrating thing is that I can see the needle of an airspeed indicator moving on connect but then the app crashes.

Back in 2019 AM was compatible with Android 4 (viewtopic.php?p=13677#p13677). Now it doesn't even run on Android 6?

So what are the requirements then?

Cheers,
Tobias

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

There will be an update for Android in a few weeks, it might do something. We also have older devices and it works fine, so it's hard to say. You can give the update a try, we might have a beta a little sooner.

StORM48

#9 Post by StORM48 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:36 pm Android 4.x is very very old (15 years). In theory it should work, but there's probably something like a missing dependency, or a driver which is buggy, or hardware not properly supporting everything.
Ralph wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:55 pm The problem with Android is that it's not guaranteed to work. With Apple you exactly know the specifications of the hardware and software, so you know that it is going to work or not. With Android it's more of a guideline, certainly no guarantee.
Interesting... Don`t you think you should mention these statements in Google Play store, to help customers not to throw money on something that might not work.

I tried to launch the app on two tablets, both Android 4 (one is 4.1.2 and the other 4.4). Crash to desktop is the only that works perfectly. I now see that some users had issues with Android 6, too.

You don`t offer any demo for Android, so it`s like betting - might work or might not.

Great. :roll:

StORM48

#10 Post by StORM48 »

Just to be clear, both tablets work just fine with numerous other apps, without any issue.

Why did you underlined compatibility with Android 4, if it`s too old to support?
No demo, no disclaimer...