530 Overlay NOT Transparent

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

baberger

530 Overlay NOT Transparent

#1 Post by baberger »

I built a panel that includes the Generic 530 Overly in AM. This is the third panel I have built. One of them is an instance with the G1000. What is different between the G1000 and the 530 is that when I show the G1000 Panel, I can clearly see the wallpaper of the screen - it is transparent, so it was easy to line up the pop outs. When I try to do the same thing with the 530, all I get is a black screen - no transparency. If I hide the panel, the pop out is there, in the right position, it just isn't showing through. The GPS pop is working, and even the Knobster on the overlay bezel that has the black screen is actually operating the 530 in the cockpit view of the airplane. I run a second touch screen monitor where I display the Panel and I hide the in cockpit view. I am running AM Home Use 4.1.1. I have watched several videos and read a number of forum posts. I simply can't figure out what is wrong. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

Re: 530 Overlay NOT Transparent

#2 Post by Ralph »

Note that your panel background also has to be transparent for this.

baberger

#3 Post by baberger »

I do not see where I set that or where I can change that

baberger

#4 Post by baberger »

OK I get it now...That is the problem. I purchased the premium 182 panel and then modified it. When I removed the radio stack and replaced it with what I wanted, the area behind the radio stack isn't "white" like it is in my G1000 panel. Since I bought the premium panel, I don't know how to go about editing that area so it is clear.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

You can modify the background image. It is in the Air Manager folder in the user folder. I do not know where exactly, I would have to look it up.

baberger

#6 Post by baberger »

If someone could give me some guidance on how exactly to go about that I would appreciate it. I need to make at least the area the 530 will go into transparent.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Do you mean how to make it transparent or how to get the image?

baberger

#8 Post by baberger »

I am seeking info on how to modify the background image so that the section that I need to show through the pop out isn’t black. Is it just a matter of modifying a JPG? Don’t want to mess something up.

baberger

#9 Post by baberger »

I guess making that area transparent