JSON files

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

JSON files

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

@Corjan I am using a .json file to determine dial ranges, UOM, range scope etc etc.. for different AirFrames and dev houses.

This is what it would produce. So each Airframe and engine type would have different range colors and scope.
ice_screenshot_20220328-185404.png
The Q is... What is better? To have a separate .JSON file for each atiframe/dev or separate ones.
As this is a big instrument the "combined" .JSON could be big to load.

How... if I break up the airframes into separate .JSON files do I not stop AM from loading the others?

I am talking of +- 100 odd .JSON files of about 20 to 30kb each.
NOTE THIS INSTRUMENT IS INTENDED TO RUN ON A 5" SCREEN USING HDMI AND A RPI

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

Re: JSON files

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I don't think it matters much from a techincal standpoint. There is enough memory on the Pi.

It might be a good idea to have seperate JSON files to keep parts of the code segmented.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

Re: JSON files

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Thank you Corjan. Just did not want to venture down the wrong path.

Makes sense keeping each AirFrame separate. They can be added over time and upon request. :D

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card