English breakfast

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

English breakfast

#1 Post by jph »

jhonedk wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:12 am There are so many Android tablets, it's hard to give a suggestion. I would recommend a 16:9, but most of them are.Kinemaster Mod Apk
@Ralph Another 'interesting' post.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

Re: Recommended devices

#2 Post by Ralph »

Maybe they're building up to some kind of grand finale spectacle show, spam everywhere ;)

jph

#3 Post by jph »

:lol:

If you remember, the post before by kimonlope led to a nice dose of Monty Python also ;) The usual giveaway is a post within 2 or 3 minutes of registration that doesn't ask a question.
As for the 'real' SPAM ... did you know it is over 80 years since the first production and over a billion tins. I was brought up on it and probably had my first 'Spam Butty' in about 1959 ! (seriously)

Still eat it to this day. We can't get it in Portugal so have to buy it from the UK since brexit (W&nkers!) so now It comes back by the suitcase load a few times a year along with Marmite and other staple foods like chip shop vinegar ........................

image.png
image.png (163.55 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I had it once, but my first impression was: cat food! :oops:
In the Netherlands we have 'Smac', but I"m not sure if that is exactly the same.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

:shock: :lol: Smac(k) is Heroin in the UK :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:06 pm I had it once, but my first impression was: cat food! :oops:
In the Netherlands we have 'Smac', but I"m not sure if that is exactly the same.
What you need to do with Spam is slice it about 6 mm thick and fry it on both sides fairly quickly until it just singes.. 2 slices of bread, bit of butter, 2 slices of Spam. HP Sauce and then lean on completed sandwich ('butty') so it is squashed. The eat lovingly with a nice cup of tea. :D One of life's little pleasures.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I make an English breakfast once in a while. I'm a vegetarian, but I'll consider this for next time. Thanks :)

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:40 pm I make an English breakfast once in a while. I'm a vegetarian, but I'll consider this for next time. Thanks :)
Ah, a full English' breakfast. Swoon. Hope you have fried bread and black pudding ? Sliced white bread fried in oil (fat) and a bit of butter and salt - fried until golden brown. The Black Pudding fried in the bacon fat along with the tomato. My bride is also bringing Lancashire black pudding back from the UK in about 6 weeks. It's a shame. I LOVE Portugal and the People, I just have no time for the food at all. Everything that is supposed to be savoury seems to have sugar in it and everything else seems to be fish / seafood or pork with the consistency of the soles of Wellington boots. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

I had never heard about fried bread, but I found a 'recipe' and I will try it, sounds good.
We don't have black pudding in the Netherlands, except from some expat stores. But my parents in law have a pig farm, and they make their own products. So maybe I can persuade them to make black pudding sausages :lol:

jph

#10 Post by jph »

:D Perfect recipe. Cooking in bacon fat is the best. You should have no problem with the parent's in law and a pig farm ! . Do they cure their own bacon ?
Trying to get hold of good bacon is so difficult these days. It needs to have lots of fat. In the north of the UK we call it 'streaky bacon' as opposed to back bacon but trying to get it now ? jeez, really difficult and nothing at all over here. You in laws will probably despair at the crap that is sold as 'bacon' these days. It all seems to be 'cured' with chemicals and as for smoked bacon.. bloody hell, it is just sprayed with smoke 'flavoured' chemicals that are probably more toxic than Chernobyl.
When you cook store bought bacon these days it is pumped full of water to raise the weight. You put it in the frying pan and it starts to boil instead of fry as so much bloody water comes off of it. Do you think your in-laws will send red cross parcels to Portugal ? ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.