Editing Flap Position Lights in Paid Baron Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

LarryChenevert

Editing Flap Position Lights in Paid Baron Panel

#1 Post by LarryChenevert »

This is something I do not have to have, but I would like it to work as it was intended.

I am using Air Manager 3.7.10 (AM) and X-Plane 11.55.

I installed the Baron update offered in this post:
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... 58-update/
and need to edit the instrument's flapsdeployment trigger (sim/flightmodel2/controls/flap1_deploy_ratio) in order to get the flaps approach light to come on at the right time, because the Baron update I mentioned changed the Baron approach flaps setting. After this update (mod) in the stock Baron AM panel when the flaps are set to "Approach", the "Transition" light stays illuminated and the "Approach" light stays extinguished. Actually the Approach light will blip on for an instant as the ratio is passing through the values programmed into the stock panel instrument.

I cannot find an instrument called "Beechcraft Baron 58 - Flaps controls" in the Create/Edit tab or in the Online tab so I am unable to get to 3 lines of code that need to change. Maybe I am doing this wrong.

As a workaround I replaced "Beechcraft Baron 58 - Flaps controls" with "Beechcraft B58 - Flaps Indicator" that I found in the online community instruments. I cloned the Flaps Indicator instrument and made the change I need. It works.

But "Beechcraft Baron 58 - Flaps controls" has a flaps handle, and "Beechcraft B58 - Flaps Indicator" does not have a handle.
I don't absolutely need the flap handle on the AM instrument because the Bravo throttle quadrant has one. But the handle is supposed to be there.

If anyone can tell me how to edit the "Beechcraft Baron 58 - Flaps controls" instrument from the paid Baron panel (X-Plane) in AM 3.7.10 I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.