Two Knobsters

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

rogo99

Two Knobsters

#1 Post by rogo99 »

This follows from my post in the last few days about GTN750 units. I'm afraid I got lost in the deep explanations but concluded that to achieve what I want needs two Knobsters. I hope I'm right.
My questions are then - can I add the new Knobster to the existing Nano? There seem to be enough pins. May be the switch will need to moved as the rotaries need to be following each other (I've picked that up along the way!).
Also will Air Manager detect Knobster B automatically?
Thanks in advance,
Roger

Ralph

Re: Two Knobsters

#2 Post by Ralph »

Two Knobsters requires two Nano's.
But are you really sure that a second Knobster will solve the problem?
Maybe upgrading to X-Plane will solve the issues ;)

rogo99

#3 Post by rogo99 »

Unfortunately I replaced my PC about a month before I got the FS bug a year ago and I don't think I could run that on my NUC with its integrated graphics. Otherwise I would.
Do you think the idea of 2 knobsters would not work? I don't have the technical background to make this decision and that's why I have submitted these posts. Jean-Luc was kind enough to try to give me a long, detailed reply but I'm sorry to say it still went way over my head as did Slings comment about what Jean-Luc had said.
I think you can each see what I would like to do - you seem to be telling me that it can't be done.
Anyway, would a second knobster be recognised?
Thanks for your time and patience. When I write these posts I keep asking myself - am I the only person with this question?
Roger

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Adding a second knobster does not solve your dual GTN issue. It’s a RXP and/or sim problem. If it doesn’t work without knobster it will not work with it. All the knobster does is turn soft dials into hardware dials so there is no magic that will make this work.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

rogo99 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:57 am Unfortunately I replaced my PC about a month before I got the FS bug a year ago and I don't think I could run that on my NUC with its integrated graphics. Otherwise I would.

Roger
Hi Roger ;)
I am sure you will have realised that he means upgrade to X-Plane on the 'new' PC. :D
For msfs you are probably better with an XBox.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.