Recommended devices

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: Ralph, russ

Crunchmeister

Re: Recommended devices

#31 Post by Crunchmeister »

jph wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 pm Well, err yes, but it all depends on the price as their virtually total lack of support is worrying to say the least. It is great as a free product - even as a 10 quid product it would be reasonable value. Much above that ? :shock: not in my mind.
It is an ok product that I would pay a reasonable price for. - as said, reasonable for that ? yeah, about 10 quid.
Joe
Well, I've gotten a lot of free use out of it over the past year and foresee getting more in the future. I'd gladly pay more than that for it. If it's a useful product and works well, I have no issues giving devs my money for software.

But there's a limit there as well...

jph

#32 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 pm
jph wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 pm Well, err yes, but it all depends on the price as their virtually total lack of support is worrying to say the least. It is great as a free product - even as a 10 quid product it would be reasonable value. Much above that ? :shock: not in my mind.
It is an ok product that I would pay a reasonable price for. - as said, reasonable for that ? yeah, about 10 quid.
Joe
Well, I've gotten a lot of free use out of it over the past year and foresee getting more in the future. I'd gladly pay more than that for it. If it's a useful product and works well, I have no issues giving devs my money for software.

But there's a limit there as well...
I would mostly agree. I have certainly donated to freeware / shareware and voluntary contributions in the past as I want those developers to know they are appreciated and to continue to produce quality and useful products. I think maybe, in this case then 10 quid per device perhaps ? but again a lot would depend on the support and even if they / he has the time or resources to even offer support ?. Once you switch to a full payware model it is a whole new ball game. But yes, a very useful program.
Joe
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
Joe (CISSP) -IT security consultant

Crunchmeister

#33 Post by Crunchmeister »

Yeah, I'd be good with that. A cost per device is fair. I have no issues compensating someone for their work.

Freeware devs put a lot of time and effort into their work. When I see they have a donation link on their sites, I tend to fire them off something if I use their wares and find them useful.

kimonlope

#34 Post by kimonlope »

dustine79 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 am
jph wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am Nice choice on the tablets ;)

Just need to get rid of the '3d cockpit' now (easy in X-Plane as you can just edit the airfile in planemaker - remove all the crap and then use trackir etc....) - imho much better when you have a fixed cockpit. - FS2020 ? - again, I know Jack about it - never tried it probably never will for the next 5 years lol :D -but personally I hate flying with an 'external' cockpit and a '3d' sim cockpit view overlay.. it ruins the ambience.

VERY nice job though -really neat.
As the device version has been upgraded time by time, I think the Air Manager version has also been updated.
So which Android version does Air Manager need to run on Android at the moment?
Yes with the updated devices we need updated Air Manager too.