General questions about AM, Arduino, encoders

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

home4sale2

Re: General questions about AM, Arduino, encoders

#11 Post by home4sale2 »

Ok, getting a little dangerous with this one and I am beginning to understand this Arduino stuff.

I downloaded IDE, by default these Nanos must have had a blink program on them (probably how they test them before they ship them out, whatever). I changed a few parameters on the blink code, compiled, sent to the Nano and it failed (on the old bootloader). Then I sent using standard and it worked. Sent blank code to stop the LED blink. Came back to Air Manager and this time it picked it up. So, they must be the new bootloader? Also checked it with knobster and it worked again. So, so far so good. brb

Some time later...

I have it working now. Two guys I want to give credit to, Peter whose YT video was spot on, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QejDM6DWGMY&t=314s
And
@ericrolfe on this forum whose PDF was awesome. For pinout I referenced both the PDF and the video and they correlate with each other.
Temporarily, because I had put my solder away, to test, I used a binder clip to connect the com/SW wires to each other and then to the GND on Nano.

Ah, one last step, don't forget to enable the knobster in your panel, was wondering why nothing was working and I began to question my soldering and wiring skills for a tiny bit.

Now I move to the easy part, mount it somehow, think I have an idea there.
Thanks all.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

I think you haven't ticked 'Use old bootloader'...?

home4sale2

#13 Post by home4sale2 »

Sorry, I know I was yapping a bit in my post.
I have it working. Old bootloader did not work for me so I unticked it and it works. Thx.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Okay so then you have the new bootloader :) Most clones use the old bootloader.