AM Zibo Mod EFB future

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Walker781

AM Zibo Mod EFB future

#1 Post by Walker781 »

G'day,
I have recently subscribed to AM in the App store for my iPad mini.
Currently using v1.3.8.
On XPlane.org there are regular posts indicating there is some delay between upgrades for Zibo 737 EFB.
I have only been able to source v1.3.8 ( the one with the doors missing) however posts on the Xplane site for AM Zibo 737 EFB indicate on some platforms (presumably Android) the build is v1.4.5.

Has the Zibo EFB development been discontinued for iPad? or is this considered a 'normal' development delay for iPad AM Zibo 737 EFB?

The 'search' function for this in iPad help didn't yield me any results other than this which suggests that this page is not up to date:
image.png
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Walker781

Re: AM Zibo Mod EFB future

#2 Post by Walker781 »

...and just asking this again as I see there is a further update that is yet to be available for iPad users.

Regards
Chris

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Similar questions have been asked before. Please note the search function on this forums.
An example: https://forums.siminnovations.com/viewtopic.php?p=39196

Walker781

#4 Post by Walker781 »

Thanks Ralph,
I note and have used the search function as can be seen in the first post. I am running into the same replies on the Xplane forums. Both provide no answers as to the question. Why? and Where is the update?

While I can accept there may be some lag between development and implementation I think a reply from Sim Innovations as to whether this product is still supported given the discrepancy between available versions (currently 1.4.7) and that available in the app store (currently 1.3.8).
I have raised a support ticket as I genuinely believe that a product that costs this much should be better supported or at least a transparent process as to why and/or when the product will be bought up to date.

Thank you for your assistance.

Chris

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what you mean. The answer is in the post from Sling.

Walker781

#6 Post by Walker781 »

Thanks for getting back to me Ralph.
Apologies if my original question is not clear.
And again apologies as I’m not a coder/programmer.

Slings post speaks of being unable to add code to the base app. This I deduced through the use of the “search” function in my original post. I even took the time to post an image of all I could find on the development of the app for iPad.

What I could discern from the posts I found (including Slings) and the continual reference to “it’s been asked before” is that no one is prepared to answer the question:

“Has the development of the this app for iPad been discontinued?”

If not there would seem to be a clear issue with the updates being accepted by Apple and distributed by the App Store and also with the Wiki being updated. Perhaps because the code is different to the base code? Again, I’m not a code/programmer but a customer trying to get an answer as to why the app I purchased is not functioning.

If there is still ongoing development then an update to the wiki with an estimate of when users can expect it would be very welcome and appreciated.

I appreciate that this question may have been raised in other formats but referencing older posts that don’t answer the question i’ve asked is not helpful.

If the question has been asked repeatedly then there may be an issue with how it’s being answered.

In an attempt to provide resolution I will restate my question, and additionally add another.

Has support for the iPad app relating to support for the Zibo EFB been discontinued?
If not, when can the reported bugs expect to be rectified?

That is all I’m asking. The reply in Slings post did not address either of my above enquires. It does however, explain how the app gets updated which is interesting but of no real value.

Again, thanks for taking the time in assisting me in this process of trying to get the app working.

Cheers
Chris

JackZ

#7 Post by JackZ »

To put things simply, since Apple doesn’t allow an update of the instruments only on a “per instrument” basis, Sim Innovations needs to update the whole program+instruments in the Apple store each time something is added to the store, even if only to offer a bunch of updated instruments.

To worsen things, from what I gather, submitting any software update to Apple is a bit tedious and long, since Apple submission process takes time, and considering the current high rate of updates of the Zibo EFB (updated every 15 days or so) there is no way that the iPad version of AM can keep up.

So the iPad EFB version will always be a few versions behind the PC version which is independent from the AM program itself.

Hope it’s clearer.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I've replied to your email.