Knobster v2 channel

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bigblip

Knobster v2 channel

#1 Post by bigblip »

Hi. Is the Knobster (v2, not DIY) only able to operate on Channel A or can it be reflashed to a different channel?

For context, my son has (very generously!) bought me a ready made Cessna 172 panel from Altimeter Motives and it is already flashed to Channel A. When I run it with the Knobster it does not work, but when I run it with the Knobster removed, it's fine. This is with AM4.

Thank you.

Ralph

Re: Knobster v2 channel

#2 Post by Ralph »

Did you follow all steps in the instruction video?

https://youtu.be/nIDzAnncB8g

bigblip

#3 Post by bigblip »

Thanks Ralph, but that video only shows how to plug it in and how to select it in Air Manager - it doesn't include anything about whether it can be flashed to a different channel or whether it's locked to Channel A. I've been happily using the Knobster for many months now. I'm asking if it can be reflashed to a different channel to prevent it conflicting with the Altimeter Motives panel which is also on Channel A. Cheers.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Ah sorry, I did not understand your question. One of them will automatically go to a different channel if the channel is already taken. It will however stay at that channel for ever, not that it really matters though.