"Air Manager Has Stopped" When Android Tablet is Rotated Landscape

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jcz7378

#1 Post by jcz7378 »

Hello Group,

I just set up AM on my Android tablet with XP, specifically to run the Zibo EFB. AM and the EFB run fine when initially opened, but if I physically rotate the tablet to landscape (sideways) to get a wider full screen panel, I receive the referenced error "Unfortunately Air Manager Has Stopped" and AM closes. I can immediately reopen the app, but then same thing if I try to rotate to landscape.

Any help / direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Best,
Jeff
JCZ7378

jph

Re: "Air Manager Has Stopped" When Android Tablet is Rotated Landscape

#2 Post by jph »

jcz7378 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:53 pm "Air Manager Has Stopped" When Android Tablet is Rotated Landscape

Hello Group,

I just set up AM on my Android tablet with XP, specifically to run the Zibo EFB. AM and the EFB run fine when initially opened, but if I physically rotate the tablet to landscape (sideways) to get a wider full screen panel, I receive the referenced error "Unfortunately Air Manager Has Stopped" and AM closes. I can immediately reopen the app, but then same thing if I try to rotate to landscape.

Any help / direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Best,
Jeff
JCZ7378
HI Jeff,
This doesn't answer as to 'why' this is happening but for a workaround can you not just disable the rotation to off using the standard android method ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

Re: "Air Manager Has Stopped" When Android Tablet is Rotated Landscape

#3 Post by Ralph »

I think this is a known issue on some devices. On our own Android tablets we cannot reproduce this.
It probably helps to initialize the application in the correct orientation.