FlightSim Plugin 3.3 (beta 22) (PLEASE HELP)

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cgiles

FlightSim Plugin 3.3 (beta 22) (PLEASE HELP)

#1 Post by cgiles »

i have bought two versions of AM (Windows and Android) and can't get either to work. I've given up on the Android version and am now just trying to get the Windows version to work. Trying to run with X-Plane--2 monitors/1 computer (I7/1660 Super/SSD/16g). The AM program runs ok standalone but the plugin stops during setup with message that this program will harm your computer. When I force it to continue, it never finds Xplane. The log (xpl.log) reads as follows:

Starting plugin (3.3.21 beta).
Initializing Air Bus
Initializing GUI
Done Initializing
Serving forever
Enabling plugin
Disabling plugin
Asked to stop, Cleaning up
Done cleaning up, exiting now

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!!!! ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED. All I want is instruments on 1 monitor, xplane on the other.

Ralph

Re: FlightSim Plugin 3.3 (beta 22) (PLEASE HELP)

#2 Post by Ralph »

The plugin runs fine. So it's something network related, usually the firewall or virusscanner. There're some clues here:
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_problems

jph

#3 Post by jph »

cgiles wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm i have bought two versions of AM (Windows and Android) and can't get either to work. I've given up on the Android version and am now just trying to get the Windows version to work. Trying to run with X-Plane--2 monitors/1 computer (I7/1660 Super/SSD/16g). The AM program runs ok standalone but the plugin stops during setup with message that this program will harm your computer. When I force it to continue, it never finds Xplane. The log (xpl.log) reads as follows:

Starting plugin (3.3.21 beta).
Initializing Air Bus
Initializing GUI
Done Initializing
Serving forever
Enabling plugin
Disabling plugin
Asked to stop, Cleaning up
Done cleaning up, exiting now

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!!!! ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED. All I want is instruments on 1 monitor, xplane on the other.
What OS and AV are you using ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

cgiles

#4 Post by cgiles »

I'm using Windows 10 (latest updates - this is a brand new machine with no other apps than xplane 11 and air manager. AV, including Windows Defender, is just what is included in Windows 10 - no 3rd party AV's. I turned off every form of security in cluding firewall and got the same result ("exe was blocked to prevent harm to your machine" - or something like that). Again, forcing it led to same result as before (see log file above). I've tried everything I can think of; is there another (maybe previous version) of the plugin I can try? Both Air Manager (standalone) and X-Plane 11 work fine as does any other apps requiring internet/wi-fi connection. I've spent a lot of money tryiing to implement this 'two-monitor solution. I'm starting to think I probably should have spent it in a nice restaurant. If anyone has any ideas other than the stock responses, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

HI,

Remove the update from your downloads folder.

Re download the the plugin because windows has marked/flagged it.

To install right click and run as administrator.

You will most likely have to do a manual install.

Keith.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

As I mentioned before, the plugin is doing fine, and so will Air Manager be. So there's something in between blocking the data, which is usually the firewall. Give it a try with the firewall temporarily turned off. And also check things like being on the same subnet if you're using WiFi.

cgiles

#7 Post by cgiles »

Tried all of the above. No Joy. But thanks to all the folks that tried to help. Hate to give up on this but after dozens of hours, the frustration level is just too much. I live in Canton, GA; if any computer/X-plane/Air Manager "experts" live within 20 miles or so and are willing to come to my house and fix this, I will pay handsomely (why not, I've already invested in a new gamer PC, several hundred in software, and a full compliment of Logitech/Saitek hardware.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I haven't really seen if you tried without firewall and information about your network setup. Things like is Air Manager running on the same computer as X-Plane, or is it running remote, and if remote, wired or WiFi, etc...

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Also, we can help through TeamViewer, but it would have to be early in the morning for you, around 8 or 9. We are at UTC+2 (CET).

cgiles

#10 Post by cgiles »

Yep, as stated, I uninstalled, turned off EVERY form of Windows security (defender, firewall, AV, etc.) re-ran, same result. As stated in previous post, running on same computer as the sim (X-Plane). I may have to resort to the TeamViewer (not sure what that is or how it works but I''ll try anything at this point). Mornings (or anytime of the day or night) is not a problem. I am available 24hrs/day. Appreciate the attention.