Air Manager 4.0

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: Air Manager 4.0

#111 Post by Corjan »

Yes, although the next BETA might take a while.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#112 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 pm Yes, although the next BETA might take a while.

Corjan
Hi Corjan,

"A while" is very vague. Is that a week or two or a couple of months. I know that you are reluctant to stick your neck out and we will not to hold you to it, but just what you foresee and the challenges you are facing. Is there anything that we can do to assist?

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#113 Post by Sling »

Found a couple more new bugs.

When you clone a panel in the home tab the order of the instruments is not maintained from the panel it was cloned from. I think the order defaults to the order the instruments were originally added. This is therefore not a direct clone as z order is not maintained.

More seriously I removed a single instrument and several were removed altogether. I suspect it may have something to do with the added order v's re-arranged order outlined above.

EDIT: Also noticed that when a panel is cloned none of the user property settings are cloned. They have to all be set again. A lengthy process for a whole panel.

Ralph

#114 Post by Ralph »

I also had problems with multiple instruments being removed. I'm not sure if noted that down eventually. But I remember that it was easy to replicate, so I'll give it another try.

Sling

#115 Post by Sling »

A quick update. Yesterday I had instuments removed from another panel entirely. Something is seriously not right when removing instruments from panels. I haven't tested extensively but it may have something to do with the added order. Remove something and instruments added after that one are also removed. If not exactly that its something like that.

Sling

#116 Post by Sling »

Another update on the panel editing bugs. I'm in the process of updating some panels and therefore I'm adding new instruments and removing some others. Today I had several instruments in a panel renamed to the same name as one of the other instruments. The instruments were still there. To fix I just renamed them back to what they were before this. It's really doing some weird stuff and it always seems to do something random after an instrument has been removed.

I think i'm going to put the beta down until these issues are fixed because I'm concerned its screwing with my panels and some things may change without me noticing. Its just creating un-necessary re-work that i could do without.

baranismen

#117 Post by baranismen »

I've just installed the Beta for giving it try with MS2020, however, it's asking me for activation and my current license with 3.7 seems not to work with it. Is it gonna be the same when it's fully released, I mean do we have to pay extra to upgrade to 4.0 & further?

Keith Baxter

#118 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Please read the PINK highlight. You going to feel a little silly. :mrgreen:

http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... sktop_BETA

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

baranismen

#119 Post by baranismen »

Oh yes, 3rd part.. :D :D

razera

#120 Post by razera »

Keith Baxter wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:03 pm Hi Luiz.

Copy the contents of your ...<C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Air manager \instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY> file to your <C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Air manager BETA\instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY> file.
Do the same for your panels. <C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Air manager\panels\OPEN_DIRECTORY> bla bla

Keith
Hello.
Keith forgot to mention that config.sqlite3 file on root folder is also needed for the panels to show up... that was the issue that was preventing the panels from showing up in the beta version. Jut thought to add to the this old post.
Luiz