Pi does not show up in Air Manager 3.7 BETA 32

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

mrozema

Pi does not show up in Air Manager 3.7 BETA 32

#1 Post by mrozema »

Since accepting the update to BETA 32, my Pi does not show up in the device list.

Just updated to AM 3.7 BETA 32
Air Player on Pi is BETA 20
I am using a RPi4

Can I roll back to an earlier AM beta, or is there a new AP beta coming soon?

mrozema

Re: Pi does not show up in Air Manager 3.7 BETA 32

#2 Post by mrozema »

Cool, the release of 3.7 solved it. Thanks!

bmcmullan

#3 Post by bmcmullan »

I don't see a BETA - where are you finding that??

Most recent everything, Air Player Pi "crashes" back to the Sim Innovations screen every few minutes. Most recent as in 3.7 AM, Air Player Pi image, Air Plug-in as of Thursday 5/14.

Can fly for a few minutes then instruments disappears and Sim Innovations screen shows. Power cycle the Pi, stop the plug-in, start the Pi, Start the plugin again and it'll work for a little while then "crash back" to Sim Innovations screen. Happens on both X-Plane 11.4 latest version and XP 5b6. Even bought another Air Player license and fired up an RP4 along side cockpit RP3, and they both fail (the RP4 quits more often than the RP3 actually).

Well, at least it's good for practicing what happens when your entire instrument panel gets "beamed out" of the cockpit while in flight; not a risk assessment I had ever thought about while on the ground.
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)

bmcmullan

#4 Post by bmcmullan »

Replying to myself in case I forget next release...

As of 5/15/2020, there is no beta, it is all in production/release status.

So, why Air Manager Pi crashing back to Sim Innovations screen? I downloaded the old C172 full screen panel and pushed it to the Pi4 and it ran no problem even when the Pi3 was failing every few minutes. So, I ended up deleting everything in C:\Users\{username}Air manager\instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY, starting up Air Manager again, deleted all my panels (tears running down face), downloaded all instruments again and rebuilt all my panels one by one. At least a couple of hours... Pushed new panel to Pi and fired up XPlane and no more "crash to desktop" on the Pi, pushed another, it's clean too. So, yep, must have been a broken instrument in the bunch somewhere.

IS THERE A LOG ON THE PI ANYWHERE when things like this happen that points to the broken instrument? Not knowing which instrument(s) it might be, I took the wipe it all and start again approach. Painful, tedious, but it worked.
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)