Mouse Focus Issue

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Buckytooths

Mouse Focus Issue

#1 Post by Buckytooths »

Howdy!
Using AM with XP on PC (i9, 2080ti) with 3x 27"G-sync monitors, 4th as touchscreen for AM panel ("Unused" in XP and all screens on one computer). Whenever I touch/twist an instrument knob "mouse focus" goes to touchscreen as expected. I always forget to refocus on main monitors when using keyboard shortcuts. This is a non-stater for me and a hastle. I have a mac mini. Will that work as a solution for 4th monitor touchscreen with Air Player and knobster. I like the knobster concept. I do not like the need of mouse refocus to use main computer XP keyboard shortcuts. Thanks in advance.

Sling

Re: Mouse Focus Issue

#2 Post by Sling »

Yes the Mac mini will work as an additional machine but before you do that have you tried the very latest AM 3.7 beta 32. It has a new solution to the loss of focus thing. Let us know how it goes.

Tony

richdmoore

#3 Post by richdmoore »

I am using macOS, and have a similar problem. I use a mouse to manipulate the controls, but then my keyboard shortcuts in Xplane 11 don't work, until I click on that screen and reactivate the Xplane app.

I am planning on getting a knobster in the near future, but I don't know how well it will work if it constantly steals the focus from Xplane 11.

I am running Air Manager Desktop for mac 3.7. Is there a way to fix that version to keep the keypresses in xplane, or was the fix windows specific?

If it can't be done in macOS, I assume a second PC/MAC with Air Player is the only option?

Buckytooths

#4 Post by Buckytooths »

Howdy!
They fixed this issue 2 upgrades ago and now it has returned when they supposedly fixed the "click thru" function. Most of us use AM desktop so we can use a touchscreen and/or knobster combination to run mainly XP popout windows (GNS430/530 etc) and then use 430/530 overlay. After using touchscreen or knobster and having to use mouse to refocus and click in XP windows is totally unacceptable. Defeats the purpose of attempting to be "mouse free". Also, When focus is in Touchscreen/knobster the keyboard shortcuts are disabled. Please be assertive and file a bug report in an acceptable manner (according to their rules). They are nice people and respond promptly normally. This issue is a major problem. I heard back once from them about this issue, responded and they have not returned a fix. Rolling back to prior versions, before "click thru" fix might work.
You should not have to run a second computer for this. Keep in mind that if you plan on using 430/530 XP window popouts you will have to run a second copy of XP and AM on a second computer as well. The popouts do not work on devices.
Be sure to file a bug report with thorough explanation. If you have friends have them file a report as well. The more people that file the better. I use i9, 2080ti, and I am instructor. You might comment on Russ Barlow's youtube videos and channel as well. He is a very decent person and former Airline captain and is affiliated with sim innovations. Good Luck Keep me posted