Knobster shows up in Manager but does not work in Player

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Knobster shows up in Manager but does not work in Player

#11 Post by Sling »

A couple of pointers.

You should keep the flash at the same version as the AM version. It may work if they are different but I know in the past them being out of sync version wise can cause issues.

An Arduino will not show up in AM when it’s plugged into a remote AP machine. This is normal. It needs to be checked by adding hardware.

olof

#12 Post by olof »

What does "It needs to be checked by adding hardware." mean?

I see no way to add hardware in Manager for the Player machine. I must be missing something. I had it working earlier "without adding any hardware".

olof

#13 Post by olof »

Finally I have it all working!

OK so what I had to do was open my AM on either the Main Sim machine or the MacBookPro. I did that on the MBP.

Then register the Knobster simply by having it hooked up with "detect Arduino automatically" checked in AM, this is standard I think.

Then unplug the B knobster and transfer the USB cable from B to the AP machine and it then popped up in the Device window under AP triangle along with the Panels in the AM machine. Then I can assign ch B Knobster to the AP player and still use the Knobbster A to my MBP or main sim machine.

Now in devices on the AM machine shows both Knobsters but B is grayed out. But in the dropdown menu for the AP machine Knobster B shows up black and now works.

I am adding a third Knobster to the MBP using the new Arduino brand board to the MBP (MacBook). I plan to assign it on channel C, is that possible or can you only use A and B channels?

Photo below shows current setup. I love this setup. Now I will work on cosmetically finishing the panels. I actually use 7 screens, and quite a few external switches and encoders as well as 2 joysticks, one for helis and one for left side stick like airbus, and of course cyclic lever and yoke as well as throttles on both left and right side. I fly about 10 different aircraft from Cubs to Airbuses and Boeings, to Hueys and Bells. I think this will always be a work in progress.

Thanks again for your quick help. It is sometimes a bit hard to figure everything out from the Wiki at least for me.

Olof

olof

#14 Post by olof »

OOPs, I forgot the photo here it is:
sim3 - 1.jpeg

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

olof wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am What does "It needs to be checked by adding hardware." mean?
What I meant was to confirm if it’s working or not you need to connect some hardware and try it.

I’ve just realised that you seem to be using AP on a PC rather than what I thought a Rpi.

I don’t have AP for PC only Rpi and I haven’t used it in a while. I keep it mainly to help others. Perhaps I should also get AP for PC.

Tony