LAST CHANCE Knobster

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

LAST CHANCE Knobster

#1 Post by russ »

Sim Innovations will be taking over the manufacture and distribution of Knobster after December 31st 2018. SimWareKits still has about a dozen Knobster in it’s inventory so if you have been considering Knobster and want it soon, this may be your last chance for a while. It may take Sim Innovations a little while to complete their design, spool up production, and offer their version of Knobster so if intererested check out http://www.theknobster.com

Orders must be placed by December 31st

After that date the address above wil link to Sim Innovations Knobster information
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Corjan

Re: LAST CHANCE Knobster

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

To be completely transparent, we are investigating if it viable for us to take over production and distribution.
We will keep supporting the Knobster in all upcoming Air Manager versions, so Knobsters bought today will keep working with Air Manager versions in the future.

Corjan

Serge Luke

#3 Post by Serge Luke »

I'm looking to buy second Knobster once it becomes available.

Here is why: Knobster A is connected to the secondary PC running the touch-screen monitor for the main panel. The primary computer that runs X-Plane would use Knobster B for the Duet_connected_Ipad for X-Plane Garmin 530 with Air Manager bazel. The 530 unit must be on the same computer that runs X-plane, and Knobster would clearly make the operation a lot more realistic than either mouse or touch-screen 'knobing'.

There may be other uses for second Knobster, but this one is the most obvious when it comes to IFR flying with the GPS systems.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

A new version of The Knobster is in development. Scheduled to be available by the end of March. We'll post some updates along the way.

Serge Luke

#5 Post by Serge Luke »

That sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.

clarkjm11

#6 Post by clarkjm11 »

Could you provide an update of the status of the Knobster?
Thanks. :)

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

We're in the US right now. When we're back a housing prototype is waiting for us, and a couple of days later we're getting a few prototype PCB's. When that's all working well, we'll place the final order and I think they will be ready in September.

clarkjm11

#8 Post by clarkjm11 »

Thanks Ralph, looking forward to your new version of the knobster and the changes you have made. Now, back to poking my finger at the touch screen.

Doc

Lamengamin

#9 Post by Lamengamin »

Can't wait. Met you guys at Osh Kosh. Thanks for all your info and help. Now an Air Manager user. :D

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

The final prototype should be ready this week. When we are satisfied we'll do an order of 200. My guess is that takes about a month, and it's all ready in September.