AM3 Online Instruments VS Personal Instruments

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: AM3 Online Instruments VS Personal Instruments

#11 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Added a personal check mark in the instrument plugin information window.
Setting an instrument personal will make it appear on the top of the instrument plugin list with an ugly icon next to it (will probably be changed at some time :) ).

Hope this helps,

Corjan
personal.png

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks for this Corjan
I don't figure out if you've also achieved to target the instruments type in two separate folder ?
for me I agree with the second wish you've work on
but my primary need is on browsing in "\Air Manager\instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY"
currently this is a huge pain on retrieving Personal instruments

Regards
Gilles

SimPassion

#13 Post by SimPassion »

I don't realized that I wasn't waiting for this feature in this way,
as I've already named each of my instruments with beginning as "1_" in the instrument name,
which give us already our instrument set which is actually 44 instruments on the top of the

so the need is really to separate Personal and other instruments in different folders
the most easy way without thinking of anything, to group them and perform global actions on it : copy, move, zip, etc...

in the AM UI we don't have the ability to multi select, sort or re organize
and in anyway, different folders is the best way to go

Regards
Gilles

Corjan

#14 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I'd rather not change the folder layout. Also, it is a hassle to have to deal with the UUID's, they are not very human readable.

Rather, I'd change the GUI to make life simpler.
If I would add multi selection and add a way to export (multiple instruments as a zip) and import (same zip), would that be sufficient?

Corjan

Thair.nl

#15 Post by Thair.nl »

You are right Corjan the UUID's are a pain in the ... to read. Is it not an idea to abonon these altogether and replace them by normal readable names like in FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane. A directory structure could be:

OPEN_DIRECTORY
..Beechcraft
....Baron B58
......Shared
........Attitude
........Altitude
......Private
........VSI
........HSI
..Boeing
....B737-800
......Shared
........xxx
......Private
........xxx

In this way it is both obvious if it is a shared or a private instrument and also directly visible what instrument it is so it can easily be copied to a backup location or so.

Greetings,

Theo.
Boeing 737-800 simulator (under construction): http://thair.nl, Beechcraft Baron B58 simulator (also under construction): http://b58.thair.nl.

Corjan

#16 Post by Corjan »

Hey,

I would rather not change the directory structure, that would create a whole new set of problems.
All code is really build around the UUID's, which makes is easier to get a real unique number to identify different instruments.

I would rather like to know is what kind of actions are common (stuff like exporting to zip and importing), so I can build those in Air Manager itself. That way, you don't have to deal with the UUID's at all.

Corjan

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

I'm not sure the best way to do this but a mini finder/file manager may be the most appropriate way. I'd personally like a way of hiding and showing instruments so it doesn't become cluttered. A archive/backup method as suggested would also be nice.

flyatr

#18 Post by flyatr »

Thair.nl wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 pm The "solution" I use is to change the GUID of the instruments I create myself to start with "b58" since I am in the process of creating a B58 cockpit. You will have to change both the name of the directory and the text in info.xml. After that you will have to restart Air Manager to see the "new" instrument.

Greetings,

Theo.
Good idea. I didn't dare to do that but struggled with the GUIDs when looking for files in the directory. Always have to go through Air manager => instrument => resources ...

flyatr

#19 Post by flyatr »

Corjan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am I would rather like to know is what kind of actions are common (stuff like exporting to zip and importing), so I can build those in Air Manager itself. That way, you don't have to deal with the UUID's at all.
Corjan
I often need to copy files from one instrument to another like graphics and fonts.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

You can do that through the create / edit tab. No need to go through the folders for that. Just look up and open the folders for both instruments.