Get custom data from fsx to AM

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyatr

Get custom data from fsx to AM

#1 Post by flyatr »

Some functionality is not defined in fsx / simconnect. For example the switch for the RMI to display either ADF or VOR. You have added a software switch in your RMI gauge.

But I run Air Manager on a remote PC and I would like to not use the mouse or any other input on the remote PC. So what I will do now is find a sim variable that is unused in my aircraft like folding_wing, set this through FSUIPC and read it in my gauge. :shock:

I wonder if there is a better way. It comes to mind that FSUIPC allows to set two custom offsets (066C I believe). Any chance to read this with air manager? Other ideas?

Ralph

Re: Get custom data from fsx to AM

#2 Post by Ralph »

How do you want to set that 'unused' variable?

flyatr

#3 Post by flyatr »

Like I said, through FSUIPC.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Yes of course, but how is it triggered?

flyatr

#5 Post by flyatr »

I think you're missing my point. The mentioned method is a workaround that I use already.

The question is can I send any data to Air Manager that is not listed in the simulation variables? Can Air Manager access the user offset 066C that FSUIPC allows to write to?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Sounds like a mystery to me :mrgreen: But the answer is no, no offsets, only LVAR's. Offsets are FSUIPC only, we do not want to support FSUIPC, it's a nearly deprecated system.