AM 4.x Road-map

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

AM 4.x Road-map

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi SI guys,

Update on the AM 4.x road map please. Talking about features and their envisaged timing.

Anything super exciting ??

Thanks
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

Re: AM 4.x Road-map

#2 Post by Ralph »

Roadmap? :lol:

jph

#3 Post by jph »

tenor.gif
tenor.gif (1.62 MiB) Viewed 4431 times
:lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

We haven't put anything on paper yet, but we have discussed it briefly. For version 4 we want to expand navigational features, probably flight planning, and a vector graphics map. Besides Air Manager (and flight simulation) we have some other plans, but that's still a secret ;)

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:08 am We haven't put anything on paper yet, but we have discussed it briefly. For version 4 we want to expand navigational features, probably flight planning, and a vector graphics map. Besides Air Manager (and flight simulation) we have some other plans, but that's still a secret ;)
Is it a chain of 'Cafes' in Amsterdam ? ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

How did you know? We're also going into cocaine trade. That's what Dutch people are good at.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

Well @Ralph I didn't know about the 'charlie' .... :o ;)

Don't forget the Belgium / Dutch superstar Max Verstappen and the orange army. :mrgreen:
Yesterday was a pleasure.
Go Max ! :D

I did enjoy a long weekend in Amsterdam way back in - I think - about 1998. It was one of the first (if not THE first ?) large 'flight sim' shows / meet ups based just outside of Schiphol. Spent a few days travelling about and it was a pleasure.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

At Schiphol, that's a long time ago indeed :) People dragging their CRT monitors along, the good old days ;)
The Aviodrome museum moved to Lelystad at some point, and so did the show. Hopefully it'll be back this year, it's nice to see customers in real life.

jph

#9 Post by jph »

That actually looks like one of the side rooms that were there - and into the evening. People also packed up stuff after the show and moved to their hotel rooms where much 'stuff' was consumed along with the latest and greatest demos of hardware and features.
Most of the companies now selling hardware today were there and they were really small scale. No fancy 'booths' as in modern shows, just tables and home made stands for their latest products. Most of us had name badges as the community was so close and it was superb to actually meet people you had been talking to for a long time. It is always amazing that the mental image of the person in your mind almost always turns out to be completely wrong when you meet the person in RL. :)
The main floor was just a mass of tables and demos. ALL monitors were obviously CRT. At the time. At home, I had a 20" EIZO CRT Very high spec monitor (courtesy of my job as IT Manager for a large UK Ambulance service - cough) with an optional 26" Fresnel lens in front for the sim. I had my Fresnel lens made to my spec and took around 10 or 15 to the show. Sold all of them during the evening and night-time and more than paid for the trip. they cost a damn fortune. (About the time when PCI was changing to AGP for the graphics (GPU)) - which was amazing. Most were using the 3DFX Voodoo 2 GPU - creator of SLI ! - eventually bought by NVIDIA for their IP. I never got to try the original Voodoo SLI 'Scan Line Interleave' in operation as the cost was simply too much for two voodoo 2 cards. Running Intel Pentium 2 'bricks' - the plug in processor module. 66Mhz FSB, which you could - with the right mobo - overclock to 100 mHz via jumpers on the board. The processor cache was actual IC's plugged into the mobo sockets !!.
Brings back lots of great memories.

We should do a rogues gallery of images of forum users as I bet it would shock most haha . ;
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

No photos from 1998, but 1999, so close.
https://fsweekend.com/en/historie/