"Save As" Functionality.

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ermias

"Save As" Functionality.

#1 Post by Ermias »

Hi,

New member here. I haven't had much time playing with AM, but I find it very useful as it is versatile, innovative and flexible. I have tried different similar products too.

I have one wish for the software. Introducing "save as" functionality so that users can create different separate panels. Almost all software I have come to use have that function. For now I don't know how to create more than one setting at all. May be it is me ....

I have also read a thread about a solid background too, which I believe is very crucial for panels.

Thanks,
ermias

russ

Re: "Save As" Functionality.

#2 Post by russ »

If you mean that one could layout a panel with separate instruments and then save the configuration (a group in Air manager-speak) to export to others or use in another sim. I agree, You obviously read my suggestion and a workaround... but this is a needed improvement. When Air Manager started it was instrument driven... create instruments and then arrange them to make a panel. For cockpit builders that want to place instruments on a lcd screen behind a physical panel mask with cutouts, perhaps with real switches, it is a fine solution. That was pretty awesome at the time but now we are greedy and want complete panels as the basic element. With touch control it is possible to easily get very close to the realism and functionality of a hardware setup for way less money by using Air Manager. Of course we want to hide the desktop so it not only works realistically, but so it looks real too. I won't repeat my previous suggestion in the "Re:Adding a fullscreen background" thread but I think what you are asking for is very attainable in a future update of Air Manager. I'd love to see complete panels offered for download in the store too.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

You can create multiple panel layouts. They're called Groups, click Add to add another group. All settings are stored automatically.

Ermias

#4 Post by Ermias »

Thanks guys. I will try that later on.

Happy new year,

Ermias