Auto-Detect Input

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

BradyBrother100

Auto-Detect Input

#1 Post by BradyBrother100 »

Hi!
I think some-sort of auto-detect input would be a nice feature for AM. So if you have a clutter of wires that you just plugged in to your Arduino, you can send an input through a push a button, a switch, etc., and AM would detect the latest input and display what pin the correlates to. What do you think?

Thanks!
Brady

Keith Baxter

Re: Auto-Detect Input

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

@SimPassion was asking for that some time back. I think he came up with a solution. Not sure.

There is a thread somewhere.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

Re: Auto-Detect Input

#3 Post by Sling »

Remember SI are a very small team.

There are things that are not currently possible with AM, so my take is it’s better to develop these first. This self learning idea although interesting i think falls into the “adds polish” category. Meaning we can already add and use hardware so how AM is now doesn’t stop us from achieving a particular end result.

I will caveat this view by saying that bug fixing of current features obviously needs a high level of priority in amongst new feature development.