Search & Reset in console

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Search & Reset in console

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 pm But if you want to monitor the sim value, then why not just use the viewer?
Ralph,

Once you send a value via AM. AM dose not respond to the sim dataref value if changed. You have to restart the instrument and then send values to all the other datarefs.

It is just irritating to go and retick the batch of datarefs you are working on then test if the code works if a switch/dial etc works when activated in the sim.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

I agree with Keith. It would help if there was a means to reset each dataref and perhaps a reset all. Reset meaning to revert from the locally entered value(s) to the current sim dataref/variable value(s).

Tony

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

When the airspeed from the simulator is for example 120 knots, and I write 180, it goes to 180 yes. But when I restart the instrument, the instrument shows the 120 knots again. So I don't see any issue there.
Then the second one. Yes the 180 remains. But just start a different instrument, go back to your previous instrument and voila, you're seeing the simulator values. I don't see why this needs a reset button.

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph,

Yes that can be done. A bit hacky & time consuming having to change to another instrument then restart then search fo the set of datarefs one is working on. Not a issue if you are dealing with a instrument with 4 or 5 datarefs. An instrument with 50+ is another story.

I wonder if Max has to switch off change instrument then restart when he clicks a button on his steering wheel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

OK so I just uploaded the new AM4.1 (beta 4) and the filter works well. I see that the datarefs ticked also remain ticked until one un-checks them.

Than you Corjan. That is going to save a lot of time searching for subscribed datarefs/variables.

Keith

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

Time consuming? :) Takes probably less than 10 seconds.

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:12 am Time consuming? :) Takes probably less than 10 seconds.
Ok no worries then.
When you have some time. Pop onto my machine and test the bell 407 CAS (Cabin Awareness System) system on the G1000. then after that you can do the CAS system on the PA46 and a few others. I will let you know when I come to testing all the AirFrames for the GI 275. That should be a quick one. :mrgreen: That is going to involve testing & setting the cas warnings and instrument color indications on the various UOM (units Of Measure) for all the different AirFrames :lol: :lol:

Ok Jokes aside. If it is not too difficult to do. It would be a helpful feature. If too difficult then we will just have to live with it until AM5 :D

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

All I would add is that a reset would come into play when for instance you have entered multiple values manually and now want just one to revert to the sim value. I find this when testing say a HSI where you have multiple flags, deviations, nav modes, to/from and power needed to get a response. Everytime you restart the instrument to reset the one value you want from the sim you have to find and enter all the other values again.
Granted this only really applies to more complex instruments needing multiple inputs.

Tony

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:42 am All I would add is that a reset would come into play when for instance you have entered multiple values manually and now want just one to revert to the sim value. I find this when testing say a HSI where you have multiple flags, deviations, nav modes, to/from and power needed to get a response. Everytime you restart the instrument to reset the one value you want from the sim you have to find and enter all the other values again.
Granted this only really applies to more complex instruments needing multiple inputs.

Tony
Yes Tony That is exactly it. Same with a stacking CAS system.

Keith

jph

#20 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:47 am I wonder if Max has to switch off change instrument then restart when he clicks a button on his steering wheel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith
No, that is only 'toys out of the pram' Hamilton when he hits the 'magic' button at Baku.. :lol: (muppet)
Which according to Merc' was NOT 'his' fault.. although he was the one who signed off the design....
Also, when he heavily kerbed it in Austria and part of the floor aero broke (HIS fault), Merc said it was not his fault - it just 'fell off'
There is a pattern here..... His ego is too fragile and the team are terrified of upsetting him. Diddums' ;)
Hopefully he will get 'hammer timed' again at Silverstone next week. :D He cannot cope under pressure. He couldn't in 2016, he can't now. He has had the fastest car by far up until this year (apart from when Ferrari cheated). It is easy to win championships when you have the outright fastest car, hence the results mean little apart from the constructors championship. George blew him away in a car that didnt fit, and he had no experience in. Hamilton miraculously overcame Covid after that.

Anyway, apologies Keith for semi OT ... I was simply responding to your MAX reference. :mrgreen:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.