Search & Reset in console

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Search & Reset in console

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

Could you please look at adding these two features to the console.

1) The ability to search for subscribed datarefs. My G1000 has probably over 300 subscribed datarefs and when testing and developing it takes forever to find the dataref to send a value to.

2) Can we also please have a button to reset a specific dataref to the sim value. Perhaps a button next to the ticked one that would reset.

Maybe even a "send" or "sim" value?

To have to restart AM to get sim values then search 300 datarefs every time then "tick" them then set the values is cumbersome and time consuming. Something along these lines would be a great help.

Keith

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

Re: Search & Reset in console

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Good points, added to my TODO list.
Don't expect this to drop any time soon though.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:34 am Hi,

Good points, added to my TODO list.
Don't expect this to drop any time soon though.

Corjan
Hi,

Thank you for considering. Will be a great help in coding and my "screen sharing" effort.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

I know you like fancy things & challenges and the weather is bad this weekend :mrgreen: so I hope I give you some appetite. I am taking a long shot here. ;)

Could you also look at adding a "DIAL" Please
If one selects <dial> instead of <send> or <sim val> then a window pops up where min and max values are entered. Then by scrolling the mouse the variable value is sent.

That way calibrating dials/sliders etc would be a breeze.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

I am rather good with predictions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like Sunday is a coding day.
ice_screenshot_20210319-000810.png

Keith

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

If that were always the case I’d never get any coding done. Very rarely goes below double digits here even in winter. :-) In fact it’s probably the opposite. I think my air con control doubles up on a way to open AM :-)

jph

#7 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:43 am If that were always the case I’d never get any coding done. Very rarely goes below double digits here even in winter. :-) In fact it’s probably the opposite. I think my air con control doubles up on a way to open AM :-)
;)
We get a few days below double digits in the winter. (but the log burner sorts that out in an hour or so in a house with granite walls 2 feet thick !) - In the summer though :shock: ............ Can easily get to 35 plus in the shade.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#8 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Have added the search bar, have not added the Sim reset button though.
Discussed with Ralph just now, and he thought it is not used that much. What do you use it for normally?

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan,

Thank you for adding the search. This is going to save a lot of time on larger instruments.

The reset is to recall the sim dataref value without having to restart AM. So once you are finished calibrating dial color markings etc you just click "sim value" and the sim value reverts.
It is explained in the video.

Keith

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

But if you want to monitor the sim value, then why not just use the viewer?