Rotate Animation position feedback

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Rotate Animation position feedback

#1 Post by Sling »

Corjan / Ralph

Something i came across this evening while using the rotate animation. If one wants to know exactly where the needle is like i did there is no way of knowing using the animation features because rotate does not return any data.

An example would be to turn on a light when the needle reaches a certain value. With an animated needle it will take the needle a while longer to get to the dataref value as it should but the light would come on instantly.

Is it possible that you could return the actual (animated) rotation angle from the rotate function?

Tony

Corjan

Re: Rotate Animation position feedback

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Interesting idea, but I think there are a couple of reasons why I don't think it is needed.

It will use quite some resources, since the callback should be called on every render frame.
Also, I think this wouldn't be used that often (I think) and it is quite easily fixable by implementing the animation in the instrument code itself.

Corjan

Sling

Re: Rotate Animation position feedback

#3 Post by Sling »

Fair enough. I'll just have to do the animation the traditional way as i need the actual needle position.

Thanks for considering.