What about that backlight?

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mikemike

What about that backlight?

#1 Post by Mikemike »

Hi,

I searched the manual and FAQ, forums..etc. Are there plans to make the backlight option control the AM instruments? Seems minuet, but the instrument lights kind of blind ya on a night flight without a dimming function. Did I miss something? I currently have my monitor at lowest light level...it'll get me by. Anyone have any suggetsions?

TIA,

Mikemike

Mikemike

Re: What about that backlight?

#2 Post by Mikemike »

Never mind, I actually just saw a topic a few back about the instrument night lighting/dimming. I think there has to be a way to dim my monitor manually....but with a knob instead of through a menu within the monitor itself. I want every knob, button and switch I can get, I want realism. Looks like more research..ugh.

Mikemike

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

As you would of probably seen in that older thread the hardware dim is for the FI hardware. To have an AM displayed instrument dim the instruments each have to have it designed in.

Take a look at my YouTube channel and you’ll find some panel examples of dimmable panels in operation.

Mikemike

#4 Post by Mikemike »

Sling wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:09 am As you would of probably seen in that older thread the hardware dim is for the FI hardware. To have an AM displayed instrument dim the instruments each have to have it designed in.

Take a look at my YouTube channel and you’ll find some panel examples of dimmable panels in operation.
Thanks!
Looks like more leaning for me ;)

Mikemike

#5 Post by Mikemike »

ok, I started with confidence and now it's gone. I don't want it done for me, but where do I started getting the actual AM instrument to dim? I'd prefer a variable dimming with say a potentiometer or rotary dial, but a simple dim on/off would be better than nothing. I tried this but it doesn't work and probably for good reason....because I'm ignorant and cant figure it out. I'm starting with the RPM tach dial. Once I figure one instrument out I can do all the others....... I am trying tho. :?

Code: Select all

prop_DO = user_prop_add_boolean("Dimming Overlay",false,"Enable dimming overlay?")

function inst_light (dir)
if dir >= 0 then
user_prop_add_boolean("Dimming Overlay",true,"Enable dimming overlay?")

elseif dir <= 1 then
user_prop_add_boolean("Dimming Overlay",false,"Enable dimming overlay?")

end
end

hw_dial_add ("ARDUINO_MEGA2560_A_D3", "ARDUINO_MEGA2560_A_D4", inst_light)