Garmin G5, additional features

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

chefpilot

Garmin G5, additional features

#1 Post by chefpilot »

Hallo everybody,
I'm using two G5s in my sim-panel to have roughly the same cockpit layout as in the real PA28R I'm flying to train my IFR skills. There a some features in the real one which are not available or different in the AM-version.
1. Turn on the G5 in real only needs a short press on the power button, a long press in AM.
2. If only one GPS-source available thr real G5 shows just GPS, GPS1 in AM.
3. Having two G5s installed they can be configured in the way that in case the G5-PFD is failed the G5-HSI is converting in PFD mode.
4. the real shutdown screnn would be great.

I like your G5, it really great, however it would be absolut fantastic two have these features available in AM. I'm aware that it is not possible to make a 100% copy of the real software but we just passed christmas and I still have some wishes. ;)

Marc

Ralph

Re: Garmin G5, additional features

#2 Post by Ralph »

What you described in number 3 is already working but only for professional. For all the rest of the comments see the red high lighted message: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... =Garmin_G5

There will be some slow adjustments/improvements in the future. But it will never be a 1:1 copy of the real thing.

chefpilot

Re: Garmin G5, additional features

#3 Post by chefpilot »

Thanks for your quick answer.
All the best for 2021 and stay healthy.
Marc