Navigation API

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Navigation API

#71 Post by Sling »

freedom,

It not working correctly has nothing to do with the navigation function. You are not allowing the subscribe to write the variables. Just because you put it before the nav query does not mean it will have fired the callback. It’s not instant.If you give some time and then do the nav query you will find it works.

Corjan

#72 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Yeah, try to do the nav query in the callback itself.
You are doing query with lat=nil and lon=nil. Thinking of it, it should report an error. I'll check if that is working as intended.

Just fixed the ICAO issue.

@Keith Baxter
The airport size is optional, and the data set we use doesn't have any size information. With further AM versions, I want to add an import feature where you can import databases from popular sources yourself that might have size information.

Ralph will go through the complete API, so he will probably find missing or misaligned properties.

Will post a new BETA by the end of the day,

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#73 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:57 am
Will post a new BETA by the end of the day,

Corjan
Hi Corjan,

I am still on BETA 20. I am not sure if you posted the new Beta or not.

My issue is not if you posted one or not but the uncertainty of my system not picking the update. Is there a way of determining what beta level is current without having to do a download to find out?

The import popular data sources is awesome news and right up my ally. I will try and be patient for this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

With regards to airport size and runways. I am working on something. I will send you the .json to have a look at and how I did it so that you can consider doing similar.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#74 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The new BETA just got uploaded, sorry.
You should see an update message on the bottom right of Air Manager when the plugin is outdated, only when flight sim is running.

If you really want to latest state, you can query the webservice:
https://siminnovations.com/api4/availab ... PPLICATION

Corjan

Sling

#75 Post by Sling »

Thanks Corjan,

Small point for others. The new update is not an AM BETA update it's only a plugin update. At the time of writing AM 4 is still at BETA 20, plugin is now at 3.3 (BETA 15).

I can confirm the ICAO issue is now sorted. There are still these issues to resolve though. These are all using nav_get().
API issues
AIRPORT query returns no SURFACE_LONGEST field
RUNWAY query returns no THRES_DISPL field.
COMMUNICATION query causes CTD
WAYPOINT query returns no AIRPORT_ID field
VHF_NAVAID query returns no TYPE, RANGE_POWER, ADDITIONAL_INFO, DECLINATION and RANGE fields.

Database issues
AIRPORT db has no SIZE data
RUNWAY db has no SURFACE data
NDB db has frequency data in the longitude field and no longitude data.
VHF_NAVAID db has mixed up data in several fields and empty data fields.

Keith Baxter

#76 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

Will the <AIRPORT> <ID> unique identifier value never change?

Need to know if that (ID) reference can be used to reference custom .json files?

I do not want to reconstruct .json files every time there is a nav database update.

If they will or may change then please add a note to the API.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#77 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The ID can change.
The only guarantee is that they are unique.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#78 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:11 pm Hi,

The ID can change.
The only guarantee is that they are unique.

Corjan
That was quick Corjan.

Yes I suspected that. Rem to make a note in the API please.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#79 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

lutho baba on update.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#80 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan,

Plugin update request appeared this morning.
Thank you.

Keith