Suggestion around Online Store instruments availability for devs

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Suggestion around Online Store instruments availability for devs

#1 Post by SimPassion »

An idea come to me at the moment on the way to find a new solution to the Online Store publishing and availability Issue

We all understood that the new instruments released by devs are only available after an amount of delayed time, so I suggest to add an option in AM that allow mainly devs but also those of simmers that want to participate in instruments fixes experiment in the following way :
  • this option would allow anyone, using a checkbox, to add in AM internally an hidden additional repository only known by SI and on which devs could upload directly instruments to be checked and thus available for Desktop / Android / Raspberry by anticipation for testing on devs or simmers side
What do you think of this idea, you, all simmers that are building and coding instruments ?

Gilles

Sling

Re: Suggestion around Online Store instruments availability for devs

#2 Post by Sling »

Yes it’s just like ticking a box for software to allow beta updates rather than just release versions. It’s a good idea but I have my doubts if Ralph will be happy with that arrangement. It wouldn’t really help our iPad using friends but it would help if it were implemented for Android. For Desktop we always have the option to share the siff file here.

Tony

SimPassion

Re: Suggestion around Online Store instruments availability for devs

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Right Tony, however importing SIFF files wouldn't help for Android testing thus the optional repository for devs concern
additionally I guess, at some point iPad would join the Online Store scheme and then benefits from this option ... hmmmm hopefully :-)

Gilles