Features request : Canvas filters gradation blending and One shot instruments download

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Features request : Canvas filters gradation blending and One shot instruments download

#1 Post by SimPassion »

Before to miss these two ideas in my mind :
  1. Filters for Canvas like gradation or blending
  2. Download feature in one shot (in queued processing) : really a hassle to download 650 instruments one by one and browsing with scroll wheel down the list until the end
1 - As AM/AP is based on HTML5 library for Canvas, could some images processing and filtering could be handled in AM : at least Gradation and Blending in order to facilitate the transiition from full bitmap to exclusive Canvas, then avoid going through instruments design with Skinman and other tools as input for Am instruments building ?

2 - Did you already get some try to enhance the download part which really requires some "Web 3.0 like" behavior ?

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

Re: Feature request

#2 Post by Sling »

I doubt anyone is going to try to download all 650 instruments in one go. Perhaps a download all instruments by aircraft type but even doing that is not bad.

SimPassion

Re: Features request : Canvas filters gradation blending and One shot instruments download

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Perhaps, but I think for those who need to get a standalone install with future connection to the net and anticipate the situation, the same way I'm performing for those having a notebook and working on instruments outside home
And at least I've done this check on one PC in the same time of last AM 3.7 Beta 19 installation on 3 different rig

How I'm doing or not doing things is not enough for not requesting things that would be useful at anytime for anyone
and further I encountered this need already a few times

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

Re: Feature request

#4 Post by Sling »

Gilles,

You can work however you want but unless you are away from the Internet for weeks on end and plan to use all the online instruments during that time I don’t think it’s much to ask you to plan a little and grab what you need beforehand for this low use case.

I think you’d get this if others are wanting it too but unless SI agree with the need to have, it’s unlikely i’d say.

I know you don’t like anyone to disagree with your view for a requested feature but i’m just being realistic with how this may be received. No further comment required, i’ll let Ralph or Corjan respond if they wish.