Hardware switch

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Hardware switch

#21 Post by Ralph »

The XFMC has datarefs, so you would be able to control the keyboard with this. I thought you were talking about emulating a keyboard, but I guess that's not what you mean.

With stand-alone I mean that the Raspberry Pi operates on it's own. Normally the Arduino needs USB connected to a PC, but of course not when it's connected to ethernet, just like the Pi.

robjs1000

#22 Post by robjs1000 »

Just a further update on finding a way to work with hardware switches. I was able to use AM to display the datarefs for x737FMC as an instrument, i.e. all AM was doing was emulating the 14 lines of the FMC CDU from the master sim running X-Plane 10. Then to work with a real keyboard, I used an opencockpits USBKEY emulator card and linked it to FlyWithLua where hardware keys can be written to. Thus a combination of AM & FlyWithLua was able to obtain a hardware in the loop solution.
IMG_5798.JPG

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

Nice work! We've decided that we will release a Raspberry Pi version of Air Manager, which gives the ability to have hardware input/output. A keyboard might be a bit much, although if you use a grid, it might be possible.

robjs1000

#24 Post by robjs1000 »

Thanks Ralph, look forward to a Pi HW version. My current experience with Opencockpits USB Keys card has not been that good as it also uses a grid but is prone to key conflicts (which I had to trap and program out). Thus a more robust solution would be great. Pic below of the keypad with wiring to the Key card, each key is wired with an in-line diode to the grid.

IMG_5319.jpg

Splendiddd

#25 Post by Splendiddd »

robjs1000 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm Is there any way that AM can read keystrokes which can be assigned to a dataref?

I have created a x737FMC CDU remote display and need to be be able to input keystrokes into the CDU on the remote PC and pass back to the master PC via datarefs to execute the FMC functions.

Many Thanks
Rob
Hi Rob, would you mind sharing the remote display script/panel?
I need a display to show the fmc, i got the datarefs but i dont know how to make a instrument showing dataref text

Thanks

SimPassion

#26 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:04 pm No sorry. We'll support hardware input next year, you could create a keyboard, or make a 'real' FMC.
Hello Ralph

any hope to get Keyboard input buffer forwarded to AM / AP instrument, as we already get the mouse input ?
could it be in the same way in which Corjan don't need to worry about any HID device, but rather and only read what's already in the Windows KEYBOARD BUFFER which is standard and generic in the Windows Core ?
So the WINDOWS BUFFER read way would be rather easiest than the HID way, which for this last would require to manage HID devices and maintain future compatibilities ...

Gilles

Sling

#27 Post by Sling »

What about Mac and Linux?

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

You're right Ralph, so it would only be a 1/3 feature ... :oops:
but still nice on Windows though 8-)

Gilles

Keith Baxter

#29 Post by Keith Baxter »

What is the difference between.

1) switch_set_position()
2) switch_set_state()

I see this in the search but nothing in the WIKI

Air Manager Release Notes
* ADD: Ability to set switch state from logic code ([[switch_set_state]]) ...the way that switches change state (this can now only be done using the [[switch_set_state]] function)
15 KB (2,317 words) - 06:07, 15 May 2019

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

Hello Keith

as these are in red on the WIKI page (no sample), I feel likely as if they were superseded
just my thought, I could indeed be wrong on this

Gilles

http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... ease_Notes

V1.3.0
ADD: Task bar with common used links
ADD: FPS meter
ADD: Ability to set switch state from logic code (switch_set_state)
ADD: visible, viewport_rect and move functions are added to the API, and can be used on all commonly used GUI elements (such as images, text objects, maps etc)
IMP: Changed the way that switches change state (this can now only be done using the switch_set_state function)
IMP: More efficient communication between Air plugin and Air Manager
IMP: Improved GPU memory measurement, meaning Air manager has a smaller GPU memory footprint
FIX: Fixed issue where Air manager would crash X-plane on command write