Dynamic / "On the fly" change of targetted Board Model and Channel for hardware inputs assignment FEATURE REQUESTED

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Dynamic / "On the fly" change of targetted Board Model and Channel for hardware inputs assignment FEATURE REQUESTED

#31 Post by SimPassion »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:11 am Going forward, I've checked the existing Hardware tab

the thing is that we get a callback delayed : only when the hardware input is switched to OFF in the AM UI hardware tab

INITIAL STATE

Arduino_Checker_08.jpg

INPUT D7 switched to ON

Arduino_Checker_09.jpg

INPUT D7 switched to OFF

Arduino_Checker_10.jpg

Gilles
I confirm again that the callback is made only when the Light Bulb is released (switched OFF)
so an issue to fix in AM

Gilles

Arduino_Checker_02.jpg

Sling

Re: Dynamic / "On the fly" change of targetted Board Model and Channel for hardware inputs assignment FEATURE REQUESTED

#32 Post by Sling »

Gilles

This is working as expected here. But i have just noticed that hw_input_add() is not correctly coloured (stays plain white, should be magenta) in the AM code editor.

This code prints true when the light bulb is pressed (bulb on) and then prints false when pressed again (bulb off). I didn't have any actual hardware configured.

Code: Select all

hw_input_add("test input", function(val) 
    print(val)
end)

SimPassion

#33 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks Tony, the print statement is fine
however without this simple print proof, it doesn't work on my own and the issue is there exactly how I've reported
Sorry, no time for this now, but I really thought at some point, due to my poor English spoken, to do some video which would better than billion of words, at least for me :lol:

Gilles

SimPassion

#34 Post by SimPassion »

Bug reporting in 5 steps

Gilles

functions involved in testing, to print state in console and change text green background when state == true is received

AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_00.jpg

SimPassion

#35 Post by SimPassion »

Initial State Step 1
AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_01F.jpg

Step 2
AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_02F.jpg

Step 3
AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_03F.jpg

Step 4
AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_04F.jpg

Step 5
AM_3.6_Final_&_Beta_12_HW_tab_Issue_05F.jpg
Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SimPassion

#36 Post by SimPassion »

Current state of the tool (WIP)
Analog and Digital handling

Gilles

Arduino_Checker_03.jpg

SimPassion

#37 Post by SimPassion »

This issue has never been reported by SI as confirmed, but still exists in AM 3.7 and AM 4.0 BETA

reporting of issue started here on July 1st 2019 : viewtopic.php?p=18306#p18306
and please read other next posts to fully understand, specifically these ones :
viewtopic.php?p=20051#p20051
viewtopic.php?p=20146#p20146
viewtopic.php?p=20147#p20147

Gilles

SimPassion

#38 Post by SimPassion »

Additionally, it looks like AM has difficulties to release Arduino boards handled in device tab, when let say AM Final and AM Beta are running at the same time and we exit the AM UI that currently handle them
Due to continuous device scan in the background, the other running AM UI, should bring the list of Arduino boards just been released by the other version of AM !

Gilles

[EDIT] I should correct that we have only to be patient to let the process going its way on its own and additionally there's a new <SCAN> button on AM 4.0 BETA in Device tab that allow to re-scan after Arduino Boards are released from a previous AM version. So don't take this post in account

Corrected typos