AM 4 Feature Requests

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

AM 4 Feature Requests

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan,

When you are adding support for the new Map, Navigation and Chart layers in AM 4
Please add support for day and night vision.

Thank you

Keith

EDIT: Also please fix the WIKI to show version 4 on the map and navigation functions in red.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

Re: AM 4 Feature Requests

#2 Post by Sling »

Interesting Keith,

If you don’t mean just a dimmed version of the same map but a proper night map then I guess that would be a whole different base map. If it will be a vector drawn map then I guess the colours could be changed up to create a night map.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:01 am Interesting Keith,

If you don’t mean just a dimmed version of the same map but a proper night map then I guess that would be a whole different base map. If it will be a vector drawn map then I guess the colours could be changed up to create a night map.
Tony,

I mean a separate night layer. I did a quick google search and it looks like there is such a thing in OSM.
OR.. we could use CARTO or MANGO
MANGO is payware, CARTO is open source.

We can currently dim a map by using the opacity node. However this dims the base layer and the other layers to the same opacity.

Yes I am also hoping for the vector map as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

here is a clip of what a CARTO map looks like in dark mode.
Littlenavmap uses CARTO
carto.png

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Tony,

I found these base maps that are available. We should go through them and ask Ralph and Corjan very nicely to include those that we think would be awesome to have.
It might not be to difficult to add these base layers. Perhaps Corjan could give an indication.

These are the ones that Littlenavmap use. They call them themes.

OpenStreetMap
OpenMapSurfer
OpenTopoMap
Staman Teraine
CARTO Dark
CARTO Light

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_servers

These base layers look very interesting.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

My TOP Five suggestion for future Map base layers.

OpenStreetMap
osm.png
OpenTopoMap
topo.png
Statman Terrain
staman.png
CARTO Light
carto_light.png
CARTO Dark
carto_dark.png
Keith

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

The topo is the most realistic I think.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:02 pm The topo is the most realistic I think.
Tony,

You are correct. Here is what the day and night maps could look like with vector and range ring overlays.

Topo for daytime map
topo_with_vector.png
CARTO Dark for night time map
night_with_airspaces.png

Now to search where the vector and range ring overlays can be found.
I assume that the layer_id = map_add_nav_airspace_layer(map_id, nav_type, style) function will determine the airspace class, compass rose and range ring layers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is getting me all excited. Can't wait for AM4

In my instrument, the menu system that I am using will allow for all this awesomeness.

And just think, the layers and nav info can also be added and removed by text to speech :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

Keith,

Range rings and other such features could be added using a canvas overlay. I’ve done this before on another project.

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:41 am Keith,

Range rings and other such features could be added using a canvas overlay. I’ve done this before on another project.
Tony,

Yes one could do that. Scaling would be a challenge though. Me thinks.

Keith

Corjan

#10 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I could add a couple more in AM 3.6 BETA. There is a risk though that these server might now be around for always. There is no guarantee there.

Corjan