AM 4 Feature Requests

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

baranismen

Re: AM 4 Feature Requests

#61 Post by baranismen »

Sling wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:28 am
baranismen wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:21 am UI for Arduino codings, like Mobiflight or something?

We can just enter the pin number, board number, function type and write the xp/p3d code.
I’m not sure what you really mean. If it’s auto code generation you are suggesting I’m not sure how that could be made to work while still retaining what we have now Have you tried the code snippets. Perhaps an enhanced snippets Wizard would be a solution.

Tony
What i mean is an user interface, which makes it easy to assign pins and their functions without writing any code by manually. It's just for hardware purposes. I.e, i'll use this software only for its Arduino integration.

Sling

#62 Post by Sling »

It's not really what AM is about. As Jacques posted a generic instrument could be created with a list of all the common controls but this can never catch everything as there are so many different custom controls. The pin Assignment is already part of the UI by the way. The lua code for adding any control is really simple to learn and is explained well in the wiki examples and the tutorials so I don't quite see the benefit of something like this for most users.

Keith Baxter

#63 Post by Keith Baxter »

Something like this for the canvas please

https://www.cafu.de/

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#64 Post by Ralph »

What's exactly your request? Not really clear to me.

Keith Baxter

#65 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 pm What's exactly your request? Not really clear to me.
Ralph.
I am looking for an enhancement to the graphic ability the canvas function has without resorting to filling with a png image.

So things like scratches on panels, screws, bezels. Light shading, reflections etc can be done.

That package also had an audio module. I want to also be able to create cockpit voice recording and black boxes.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#66 Post by SimPassion »

This would be the hard way to implement this (which is rather gaming oriented) inside AM
however C++ and LUA libraries are available, surely not easy to decide which to make available to AM users in such framework
The benefit is that it's totally free
I can't imagine the huge work for Corjan though

Gilles

https://api.cafu.de/lua/classGuiSys_1_1 ... mageT.html
https://www.cafu.de/dive-in/

Cafu Engine License

Cafu is free software distributed under the terms of the MIT license reproduced here. Cafu may be used for any purpose, including commercial purposes, at absolutely no cost. No paperwork, no royalties, no GNU-like “copyleft” restrictions, either. Just download it and use it.

Cafu is Open Source software. Its license is simple and liberal and is compatible with the GPL. Cafu is not in the public domain and the authors and contributors keep their copyright. For exact contribution history, see the revision history.

Note that all files located in the ExtLibs directory are externally maintained libraries used by Cafu which have their own licenses; we recommend you read them, as their terms may differ from the terms of Cafu itself.

The spirit of the Cafu license is that you are free to use Cafu for any purpose at no cost without having to ask us. The only requirement is that if you do use Cafu, then you should give us credit by including the copyright notice somewhere in your product or its documentation. A nice, but optional, way to give us further credit is to include a Cafu logo and a link to our site in a web page for your product.

------------------------------------------------

Cafu Source Code

Cafu is open-source software distributed under the very liberal MIT license. It may be used for any purpose, including commercial purposes, at absolutely no cost. Just download it and use it.

The latest version of Cafu is always available from our Git repository:

git clone --recursive https://bitbucket.org/cafu/cafu.git

The latest commit is “77b3401”, committed by CarstenF on 2019-04-24.

See Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code for step-by-step instructions on how to compile the Cafu source code and run the binaries.
Supplemental files (all platforms)

Besides the source code, the Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code tutorial refers to these files:

Textures.zip
Texture image files that are used in the example worlds.
Worlds.zip
Precompiled, ready-to-use demo worlds for quickly running the newly compiled binaries.

Forum and Wiki login

The details of your forum user account are also used for editing the documentation (Wiki login). If you haven't already, register yourself at the forum and manage your user account via the forum's user control panel: As the databases are connected, you can use the same username and password for the login at the Wiki.
Contribute

Source Code – Git repository
Issue Tracker – Features and Bugs
Making a Pull Request – How it works
Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code
Developer FAQ

Documentation

User Manual
C++ Source Code Documentation
Lua Scripting Documentation